Sheets

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 02, 2008

• Reported By:Oak Creek Wisconsin
AOL, America Online
22000 A O L Way Dulles, Virginia U.S.A.

AOL, America Online SCUM OF THE EARTH!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! liars, thiefs, scam artists under well known icon Dulles Virginia

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY FROM AOL!

I called, "cancelled" my free trial, recieved a confirmation number and everything. Still continued to be billed. First time I called them back, they claimed no record of billing me and blew me off.

Second time I called them back, they claimed the account was never cancelled. I gave them the confirmation code and they said I had two acounts(BS!!!) at the time, of course, only the free one was cancelled. Finally, I was no longer billed, but they owed me over $400 and only gave me $40. THIEFS!

Now, when I call them, they claim they have no information other then the $40 refund, even though they told me the confirmation code from the second call would store all the info. LIARS!

After finding out that this company has been sued by several states, for this very reason, before this even happened to me makes me wonder if they will ever be stopped. I just can't belive this!

Aaron
Oak Creek, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AOL-America-Online/Dulles-Virginia/AOL-America-Online-SCUM-OF-THE-EARTH-ABSOLUTELY-RIDICULOUS-liars-thiefs-scam-artis-356759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AOL, America Online

STAY AWAY FROM AOL!

AUTHOR: Evenstar - (U.S.A.)

I had this same experience! These confirmation numbers are absolutley useless. Also, they signed us up for these magazine subscriptions as some kind of promotion and we started being billed on our credit card for up to 10 subscriptions a month and then we had the hardest time cancelling them. AOL is BAD NEWS! Sorry you went through this too.