Complaint Review: Alienware

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Wallkill New York
Alienware
Alienware.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Alienware Poor customer service, terrible quality of products. Miami Florida

I had bought an Alienware m7700 in the beginning of 2005, which costs almost $4,000. After a month one of the hard drives began to click. I called customer service and the service rep then had me disassemble the entire machine. At the time I was computer illiterate, so this was kind of a challenge for me. Then after the tech decided it was a HD, after i had already told him it was, I was informed that I would have to re-assemble the machine package it up and send it to Florida to have the HD replaced. I asked if they could just send me the hard drive and they said no. I live in NY so after about 1 month my machine returned. And everything worked fine.

Until 1 month later when it just stopped working, again a 4 hour call to customer service, this time it was decided (after me tearing the machine down again) that it was the mobo. So once again, machine goes to Florida.

1 month later it returns, and functions for almost three months, but breaks again. This time I told the rep that I did not want the machine. I demanded either a new comp, or my money back. They refused both, and at this time my warranty ran out and they said I had to pay $568 for a hard drive. I will NEVER EVER buy another machine from them again, and I warn all. Look elsewhere, local comp shops, or some of the differrent companies. To this day it is still a paper weight.

What a waist of money and time.

Bulldogg112
Wallkill, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alienware/Miami-Florida/Alienware-Poor-customer-service-terrible-quality-of-products-Miami-Florida-452139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware