Complaint Review: Alltel Cellular

• Reported By:warren Ohio
Alltel Cellular
Niles, Ohio U.S.A.

Alltelalltel Cellular lied to me just to get a contract now im stuck Niles Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Lies, and you KNOW it.

in april of 2007. i wanted to get a cell phone. i check out some places and ads. i ended up at alltel in niles ohio. i told them i wanted something cheap as i dont use it often. i was told i could get 800 anytime minutes, free nights after 7 pm, and free weekends. with 2 year contract and free phone, $47.00 month, i said ok. well now its jan. of 2009.

my bill has been between $80 and $160.00. for months now. so i called because i didnt think i was using that many minuted. i was pretty careful about using it after seven and on weekends if i was to make a long call. thay told me when i called that my free minutes at nite didnt start until 9 pm. not 7 pm. ive been calling after 7 pm thinking all this time it was free like the sales girl told me.

so i went to the alltel store where i bought it. i still had the receipt with her name on it. i asked to see her about my free minutes ,,being she told me 7 pm and not 9 pm, oh my god, you would have thought i had snakes crawling out of my ears or something. the way they looked at me. she no longer works here.. so they said. so i proceeded to tell them what i was there for. why would she tell me 7 pm if the free minutes didnt start intil 9 pm. they just laughed and said, yep. she probably did, but we cant do anything about it. call customer service. so i did, they blew me off too.

so if your thinking of getting alltel as a phone provider. dont. even with a contract. they will stil rip you off. and there is nothing you can do about it. jeff.

Pappygol
warren, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2009 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel-Cellular/Niles-Ohio-44446/Alltelalltel-Cellular-lied-to-me-just-to-get-a-contract-now-im-stuck-Niles-Ohio-413187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel Cellular

Lies, and you KNOW it.

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

This story is a fabrication, and it glarying a lie. How can we tell?

1. He stated he had a plan for 800 minutes for $47/month that he started in April 2007. At NO time in 2007 did Alltel have ANY plan with 800 anytime minutes, and no plans that cost $47/month. That right there shows this person is making up this story to badmouth Alltel. At least they could provide a REAL plan for their fabrication to make their lies less obvious.

2. Now we also hear that they went over 1.5 YEARS getting overages due to the mistake they made on understanding when the n/w time started. During that entire time they never questioned this? DOUBTFUL

Next time you want to make up a lie, at least be realistic in your lies.