Complaint Review: Brake Check

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2004

• Reported By:austin Texas
Brake Check
12032 Research Blvd Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Brake Check Ripoff RAPED BY BRAKECHECK. Austin Texas

I was given a quote from brake check on 2-5-03 for my brakes and the gentleman told me I needed work on my front and back brakes but it was not very much work and it would be under 200 dollars and would take a maximum time of 2 hours.

So on 2-7-03 I sent my girlfriend up there to get it done. Where they quoted her 320 dollars. Then she called me and I called them and then they apoligized and told us it would be under 200 again. They called a couple of hours later when it was supossed to be finished and said they would need the 320 dollar amount to finish the brake job. I told them that would be fine and they went back to work. So 7 hours go by and they finally finish my car after I have to make other arrangements to pick up my child. But no big deal I finnaly got the car and the nightmare is over. Then 3 days later my girlfreind says the brakes are still making noise. So I return to brakecheck where they tell me they have no record of working on my front brakes.

Even though I have paperwork that says they did. They refuse to help me and when I asked for a number to complain they gave me a fake phone number. Brake shoppers beware. The Brakecheck at 12032 Research Blvd are not honest people and do not care about customer service. And i went there because I thought they had a reputation for being an honest company.

austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2004 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brake-Check/Austin-Texas-78759/Brake-Check-Ripoff-RAPED-BY-BRAKECHECK-Austin-Texas-80257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brake Check