Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Submitted: Mon, November 22, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, December 04, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Houston Texas U.S.A.
Charter Communications
1265 John Q. Hammons 100 Madison,, Wisconsin United States of America

Charter Communications Charter is OUT TO GET all they possibly can Madison,, Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

I have had Charter Communications as a TV provider since 1977. Always paid bills fully and on time. On 8-29-10, I inadvertantly put in 1 number wrong from my checking account(on their "my account" online form, and they charged me $25.00 for "insufficient funds". Couldn't they have contacted me first since I was such a long term customer and this had never happened before??????  Also, for a brief time in 2008, I also had Charter Internet service. After MANY problems with getting on the Internet, and 4 (four) service calls by their techs., the techs finally told me to get another Internet provider, since Charter could evidentally not handle my computer. I knew that I had to bring back my "moetum", and I DID.  Now that I have stopped Charter for TV service (11-08-10), they tell me that I NEVER RETURNED their "moedum", and are charging me $23.00.  Thankfully now, I am out of Charter communications completely, but they wrongfully charged me $53.00 to get out!

DO NOT USE CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS---they will "nickel and dime" you!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2010 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Madison-Wisconsin-53717/Charter-Communications-Charter-is-OUT-TO-GET-all-they-possibly-can-Madison-Wisconsin-664642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Good Morning,

My name is Witten Henderson and I would first like to apologize for the trouble you have had with the billing and payments on your account. I work for Charter Communications to resolve exactly  these sorts of concerns and would be happy to look into this issue to make sure all concerns are addressed. Please send me an email at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and telephone number of your Charter account . In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten in the subject line, so that I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson