Complaint Review: Circuit City

• Submitted: Sun, February 08, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Circuit City
Shelbyville Road Plaza Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Circuit City - Shelbyville Rd Plaza : Manager Rude, Unforgiveable Customer Service Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not much you can do

On 2/6/09, I went to Circuit City to purchase 2 Printer Cartridges if they were available. The price on the shelf for the cartridge was $7.86 or $7.87 (I don't remember which price it was.)

Upon going to the check-out, the price of each cartridge rang up as $14.24. I questioned the price, but since I really needed this item, I decided to purchase one cartridge.

After paying for the item, I asked to speak to a manager. I explained to the manager the difference in the shelf price and the check-out price. I stated that
"if I didn't absolutely need the cartridge, I would not purchase it." His response was "I don't care if you buy it or not - I'll be out of a job in 3 weeks, and it doesn't matter to me if you buy it or not." He continued by saying "Nobody cares if you buy it."

I understand he is upset about his job loss, but I couldn't believe that any employee would be so rude to a customer. He was not willing to check on the cost of the cartridge.

I told this "manager" that I was going to report his behavior, but I doubt that it will do any good. If this is Circuit City's way of doing business, it is no wonder that they are going out of business!

Mary
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Circuit-City/Louisville-Kentucky/Circuit-City-Shelbyville-Rd-Plaza-Manager-Rude-Unforgiveable-Customer-Service-Louisv-421613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Circuit City

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not much you can do

AUTHOR: Troy - (U.S.A.)

I don't agree with what he did, but I am sure you are exaggerating a little. The people left in the store are only there to stock the shelves and run the business. He is right, no one there cares if you buy anything or not... really.

So what if you report him... what are they going to do? fire him like they are going to in a week or two anyway?