Complaint Review: Cricket Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, October 20, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, October 20, 2010

• Reported By: Sassy — Lemon Grove California United States of America
Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Does not guarantee service speed, poor customer service, no pro-rate for cancelling service, Internet

After 2 months of having their service, the speed slowed to almost dial-up speed.  I performed a speed test and called their customer service with the results.  They had me clear out my browser history and retry the speed test.  It was slightly faster but no where near the speed they claim in their advertisement.

Their response was that they do not guarantee that speed and I could try re-locating my computer.  After another month, the speed went down again even though I kept my browser history cleared.  When I called back, they again stated the speed in their ad is not guaranteed.

Today, I called to cancel my account.  They tried to convince me to stay another 2 months for free.  When I declined and asked that my service be cancelled effective the next day, they told me that I had to keep my service until the end of the pay cycle because they don't prorate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cricket-Wireless/internet/Cricket-Wireless-Does-not-guarantee-service-speed-poor-customer-service-no-pro-rate-for-653345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cricket Wireless