Complaint Review: DermaWand

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Dana Point California
DermaWand
15820 Euclid Avenue Chino, California U.S.A.

DermaWand Sent me a product I did not order and said credit card would be charged. Chino California

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Problem solved

I received a product in the mail from this company called DermaWand and I did not order it. It came with an invoice for $145.49 and said my card would be charged within 30 days. I have no idea who this company is and I did not order their product and I do not know how they got my information. Amazingly I got through on the phone and the customer service rep told me that an order was placed back in Oct and it might have gotten accidentally duplicated. According to her, I will not be charged IF the product is sent back and they acknowledge that they received it.

Through my experiences over the last 2 months. I have gotten several products to delivered to me that I did not order and my card was charged. I had to keep sending these products back and file a claim with my bank. This is a complete rip off business tactic where they send you the product, charge you and then say they didn't receive it back. This way it's not considered mail fraud! All of the products seem to be coming from some kind of infomercial and many acne or health related products??. Examples of some of the names that came through my account are (TRICLEAR, POMCLEAR, Overnight Genius and Bun&Thigh).

I think these businesses obtain people's info from a list and start sending mass products and charging credit cards. I order a lot of products online so I believe one of these sites has been compromised. From my research, it could be Amazon. I no longer order with anything but my American Express card because they have fraud protection with no questions asked. I had to cancel ALL my other cards because I was getting continuous unknown charges.

Be aware of any products you get in the mail that you did not order because you might have gotten charged for it. I was amazed to find out I did and it keeps happening! Do not order with anything but a fraud protected credit card online.

Anonymous
Dana Point, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DermaWand/Chino-California-91708/DermaWand-Sent-me-a-product-I-did-not-order-and-said-credit-card-would-be-charged-Chino-C-402725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DermaWand

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Problem solved

AUTHOR: LadyB - ()

Hello, I am responding even though this is  avery old complaint. It would seem that somehow your card may have been compromised and used by a  bad person. Certainly Dermawand the company has no policy of sending products through the mail without a great deal of verification and customer agreement.

They have sold over 2 million of these units and complaints are very scarce because card submissions, product fulfillment and refunds are all handled by the most prfessional and experienced contractors and companies. I appreciate your concerns and the call number will be happy to hear from you if needed further. Regards.