Complaint Review: Direct Merchants Bank

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2008

• Reported By:Barrigada, Guam Hawaii
Direct Merchants Bank
Tulsa, OK; Also, MD, CA, NV Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Direct Merchants Bank Unscrupulous customer service; fraud Tulsa Oklahoma

Because I was travelling, I sent in my credit card payment, which arrived two days earlier than the beginning of the "window" for that month's payment due date. Thus I was credited with two payments for December and no payment for January. Then the bank charged me a late fee--for paying early!--then labelled my account delinquent and doubled my interest rates, then began hounding me with phone calls at home (in the middle of the night) and at work. It also sent out news of my "delinquency" to credit reporting agencies. As a result, other credit cards increased my interest rates and reduced my credit limits.

When I sent complaint letters, the bank ignored my letters--i.e., it did not acknowledge receipt or respond substantively, for more than two years. I had to file numerous complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Guam Attorney General's Office, the Attorney General's Offices in states where the bank does business, and the Comptroller of the Currency, in order to get the bank to respond to my letters of complaint.

Make every effort not to do business with this disreputable, unscrupulous, fraudulent bank. I only got roped into this scheisster-of-an-excuse-for-a-
bank when it bought my credit card debt from another bank.

When I posted a similar complaint about this bank on another consumer protection website forum, the bank responded in a couple weeks--via
retaliation in the form of a new credit card with a newer, shorter expiration date! This is a case in point--an example of how this bank behaves. It won't respond substantively to me and my letters of complaint, but will take action to retaliate.

No worry--I promptly cut the card up and tossed it into the rubbish.

Markgg
Barrigada, Guam, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-Merchants-Bank/Tulsa-Oklahoma/Direct-Merchants-Bank-Unscrupulous-customer-service-fraud-Tulsa-Oklahoma-308144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct Merchants Bank