Complaint Review: EGGIES

• Reported By: Orcanut — North Gower Ontario Canada
EGGIES

EGGIES RIPPED OFF IN CANADA TOO, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not a Ripoff

I was outraged and disheartened to also have been ripped off by Eggies.  It looks like such a great item (but perhaps I should have waited a few days and it would have been available at the dollar store)!

Here in Canada the offer was $14.95, with of course the option to double the order for additional "s&h $7.99" - I used my calculator, $14.95 + $7.99 + $7.99 = $30.93.  I assumed that there would be tax, and figured that was ok.

But alas, as previously reported, I was not given the opportunity to verify my complete order until the "Order Confirmation" page popped up, AFTER I had entered my credit card information of course.

What I thought would be about a $35 dollar order is going to end up as a $61.86 charge on my credit card.

According to their math, my order is $14.95 x 2 sets = $29.90 and looky-here, now they mention "P&H" - the first mention on the main page is of s&h of $7.99 - is a whopping $31.96.  Oh, but no tax mentioned (although I won't be surprised if there is tax added once I get my credit card statement).

I too have called late on a Saturday night, when of course the company and my credit card office is closed.

I also noted the money back guarantee, which curiously states ("minus S&H" not the p&h that I was charged).

Too upset for words.  I have ordered so many things on-line for this Christmas season, and have had not one single complaint - I ordered to Ahh Bra, things from the BBC website and stuff from DFTBA - all wonderful companies  - and reputable.

Unfortunately, I realize that I can't return the Eggies to get my money back so now every time I use them, for use them I must, can't let all the money go to waste, each and every egg that I have is going to leave such a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel badly for whomever invented Eggies - I am sure it is a great product that is being ruined by horrible sale and distribution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2011 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EGGIES/internet/EGGIES-RIPPED-OFF-IN-CANADA-TOO-Internet-804715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EGGIES

Not a Ripoff

AUTHOR: jeepngirl - (United States of America)

You mistakenly ordered 2 sets of Eggies, its not a rip off, but a lesson learned.

entry