Complaint Review: EPS Electronic Payment Systems

• Updated: Sat, November 20, 2010

• Reported By: Robert B — Roanoke Virginia United States of America
EPS Electronic Payment Systems
6472 S. Quebec St Englewood, Colorado United States of America

EPS Electronic Payment Systems EPS Merchant Lied to get me to sign a contract and charged my bank account for one year without my permission Englewood, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: EPS VS. Small business

EPS, Electronic Payment Systems is a extremely dishonest company that I would not recommend anyone do business with.

In June 2009 I purchased a website from a another company.  This company recommended that I use EPS for my merchant account.  I filled in the application and sent it in.  I received several phone calls verifying information and receiving help with getting my site set up with their code.  Someone from this company called me about advertising in the online yellow pages.  Extremely pushy salesman.  Asked if he could fax me something to sign so that he may provide me with a free qoute.  So I did.  This "sales person" actually faxed me a contract.  So basically he blatantly lied to me.

This might not have been to big a deal if EPS actually had customer service and let me cancel the contract.  Nope.  They will continue to charge me for an entire year.  $50 a month.  That adds up to $600 I have completely wasted.  But the strange thing is I called over 5 times and several agents said my account was cancelled, but strangely I was still getting billed every month.  It wasn't until a supervisor finally called me back and informed me of their ridiculous, I don't care about the customer policy.

Bottom line is if you do business with this company they WILL LIE to you and they WILL take your money without permission.  STAY AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2010 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EPS-Electronic-Payment-Systems/Englewood-Colorado-80111/EPS-Electronic-Payment-Systems-EPS-Merchant-Lied-to-get-me-to-sign-a-contract-and-charged-591011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EPS Electronic Payment Systems

EPS VS. Small business

AUTHOR: Miz - (United States of America)

I, too, was a victim of a very similar circumstance.

I am a small business owner (General Contractor) and times could not have been tougher for us when we signed up with these...people. My business partner and I (in his living room) stressed OVER AND OVER that if there was an annual fee we would not be able to sign up for credit card processing. This person lied right to our face OVER AND OVER that there was no annual fee.

This seems too common for it to be the odd "sorry it happened to you" happenstance rip-off. I am looking into some kind of class action situation. I am contacting my states (WA) attourney general about this. Why can EPS continue to charge me for a "service" that I am not using and do not want and if I want to discontinue their "services" immediately it would cost me some $600 dollars?

Come on now America