Complaint Review: Earthlink Internet

• Submitted: Tue, September 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Fenton Missouri
Earthlink Internet
110e Old Settlers Blvd Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Earthlink Internet Service ripoff Incompetent cutomer service fraudulent billing practices Round Rock Texas

I thought everyone should know about the incompetent employee's in the customer service department of Earthlink I called and ordered DSL and Internet phone service (true voice), and was sent the equipment my bank account was charged $29.95 and your company had notified my current phone service of the change. The day before the phone company was to turn off my service I called your company due to problems with my setup and found out that I had to keep an existing AT&T line for the DSL.

I didn't want that due to the cost (no one explained that to me from the start) the salesman told me that I could go with Earthlink's cable Internet service. After 20 minutes on hold he came back to the line to tell me it was all set up. I asked him if he checked to see if your cable Internet service was available in my area because I had never heard of it. He said no maybe I should check that. He came back to the phone and apologized to me said it was not available in my area.

So we canceled everything (within the cancellation period) He said he would send me return labels for the equipment sent to me and refund my $29.95 within 5 to 7 business days. Today almost 3 weeks later, I find that not only did they not refund my account the $29.95, I have been charged another $191.95 to my bank account. Very upset I called 1-800-719-4660 and after explaining to 4 different people the same thing, and getting 4 different answers from I don't know what happened to "yes mam this is the early termination fee for canceling our service", I was told by Jason that Earthlink had made a terrible mistake, that I had canceled the service in time and that he would refund my account within 5 to 7 business days.

I explained to him that he needed to do something to get this money back into my account sooner due to the fact my house payment was going to bounce. He then transferred me to Vanessa in the Delta Force Unit. Vanessa said she could get $202.00 back into the account within 3 days. My question to Earthlink,is who is going to refund the non sufficient check charges that I am going to incur due to their HUGE error? Who is going to write the apology letters to get this straightened out?

I look forward to your immediate action on this matter.

Julie
Fenton, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2006 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink-Internet/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/Earthlink-Internet-Service-ripoff-Incompetent-cutomer-service-fraudulent-billing-practices-212835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink Internet