• Report: #193428

• Submitted: Fri, May 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By:maitland Florida
Etourandtravel.com
10 Quadrangle Ave Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Etourandtravel.com Vacation and money ripoff Orlando Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Umm... okay

I signed up for free passes to universal. Out of nowhere I get a call from universal studios/etourandtravel.(they say they are universal but are not). They tell me that I am only entitled to these two free passes to universal if I buy a highly discounted vacation. I told them I live here in Florida so I DON'T need anything but the passes. The guy then offers me a discount from the price of 498.00 to 398.00. I still Say no. Then he say's "since your a Florida resident I am entitled to the vacation package at 298.00". I tell Ken Herdgen( the manager of co.) Let me check the company out. he say's " what you don't trust Universal Studios, Radisson, Clarion, Sheraton or Enterprise"?

And I said of course. But let me call these company's to make sure this promotion is real. Ken said sure, but before I do that he will upgrade me to the Sheraton five star hotel. At that point I really did not believe the scam. So I hung up and called Universal directly. They told me that they don't know of such a promotion and don't know who etourandtravel/floridatourandtravel or who this KEN HERDGEN is. So I call the hotels and the same story from them. Wow was I glad that I did not fall for this. Still no free passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I call Etourandtravel/floridatourandtravel back and asked them if any of What Ken had told was true? They don't even use three star accomodations for there vacation's. It is not a mid-size rental car and that the free Daytona stay has surchrges you have to pay for(how is it free?) and thay I would have to do 2 seperate timeshare tours to receive the discount on the vacation. Ken Told me that there were not any tours involved @ all. That they would provide breakfast or lunch and tell us about the storms and the remodeling that has been done. How can these guy's sleep @ night? So they finally gave me my free passes and they say to redeem I must attend a timeshare presentation in New smyrna beach. Nothing is free in life. I learned another good lesson. BUYER BEWARE.

Paul
maitland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2006 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etourandtravelcom/Orlando-Florida-32789/Etourandtravelcom-Vacation-and-money-ripoff-Orlando-Florida-193428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etourandtravel.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Umm... okay

AUTHOR: J K - (United States of America)

Of course you didn't receive free passes because you answered it yourself. You buy a discounted vacation package and you get the free passes with it. And yeah, none of those companies are going to admit they know etourandtravel because otherwise these exclusive promotions wouldn't be very exclusive; everyone would know about them. Not to mention you got a random employee and not a CEO on the phone, so anyone other than Corporate isn't going to know of etourandtravel... Unless of course they've bought their package before!