Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:Antioch California
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
7833 Haskell Avenue Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Daniel Langston Van Nuys California

On September 2, 2007 I was called home from vacation from a neighbour who was watching my house. Upon arriving home I discovered that the entire first floor of my home was flooded. Water was pouring out of the front, side and back of the house. After several days of dealing with State Farm claims adjusters, ServiceMaster, and contractors it was determined that the entire first floor along with personal property was 100% destroyed.
Water levels reached 3 feet up the walls inside the house as well as the garage. The entire first floor and partially up the stairs had to be gutted and rebuilt.
It has been determined by Global Engineering Services, Inc that this flood was a direct result of faulty installation of an instant hot water dispenser and hot water faucet performed by General Plumbing and Rooter of Antioch.
The claim with State Farm (Approx $175,000.00) has been subrogated and settled. I have received my deductible back. There were a couple of things State Farm would not cover, so I took Raymundo Ramirez (Owner of General Plumbing) to small claims court and received a judgement against him which he has recently paid due to me sending the judgement to the state contractors license board in Sacramento. I have recently sent a demand letter to Mr. Daniel Langston, President of First American requesting payment for what was not awarded in the Ramirez judgement. Mr Langston has rejected my request so I am naming First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation as a defendant in a small claims action and will order him to go to court. I just have to locate a process server or a Sheriff in Van Nuys which should be no problem
I am know using Fidelity National Home Warranty (Phyllis) for my own home and my rental properties.
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation has been a tremendous disappointment.

Vetteman
Antioch, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91406/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Daniel-Langston-Van-Nuys-California-400104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation