visual

• Updated: Fri, March 06, 2009

• Reported By:Fairfield California
Gallagher Bassett
Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Gallagher Bassett Injured United Air Lines Employee San Francisco, sacramento California

*Consumer Suggestion: Future Medication Reimbursement Solution

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: A little advice from an GB ex-employee

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I was injured on Feb. 2001. It wasn't until 2002 that I had a fusion done on my back. I have been taking prescription medications since my injury at work. GB decided that they will stop paying for my medications. My back has never been the same. I have muscle spasms, aches, and a hard time sleeping. My doctor prescribed me medications for each of my problems. GB was paying for it, then suddenly stopped. As I calculated, I've spent over $2500 on my own for the medications.

About 2 weeks ago, I had a major spasms at work. (I returned in 2006). I did the usual thing, the walk it off thing. When I returned home, I couldn't get out of bed. My daughter took me to the emergency room, they gave me a shot and I went home. The following day, I was rushed to the emergency room again (by ambulance) because my wife said I was in so much pain that I was delusional. Another shot and some pain medication. Here I sit today, still in pain. I've been calling GB since all this. I only want an epidural injection to relieve the pain.

I went to my orthopedic doctor, he suggusted that I get a MRI done. I want to return to work as soon as possible. My orthopedic doctor sent in the request for the epidural and MRI. GB is lagging on getting this done. I am so frustrated. I feel as though my adjuster is really trying to help me, but GB probably has their hand around her throat. My wife use to be an adjuster for another company, so she knows what's going on with these company. I'm just praying for my money back for the medications, and getting the epidural and MRI done as soon as possible.

Ed
Fairfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gallagher-Bassett/Sacramento-California/Gallagher-Bassett-Injured-United-Air-Lines-Employee-San-Francisco-sacramento-California-299825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gallagher Bassett

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Future Medication Reimbursement Solution

AUTHOR: Hairpullingiw - (U.S.A.)

In order to avoid losing your money on any future medical reimbursement situations with GB, just simply apply to have medications directly paid by the GB insurance company. Most pharmacists in drug stores have a worker's comp medication form, all you do is fill out form with employment, address, phone, date of injury, wc#, etc. The payments for prescriptions will automatically be paid by the company. You personally paying for your prescriptions is a bad ideal. GB paying back the insurance company can only happen if the law judge at a WC hearing is notified that your insurance has paid expenses that GB is responsible for paying.

Also be careful getting epidural injections, I personally had 2 out 3, I had pain relief that only lasted a week. The doctor told me if the pain relief wasn't longer than a month than it wasn't worth it.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

A little advice from an GB ex-employee

AUTHOR: Larryex-gbworker - (U.S.A.)

If what you are saying is true, GB is breaking a few rules but doing so without your knowledge. Everything in Workers' Comp is time sensitive and carries reprecussions both good and bad. The best thing you can do is get a lawyer that only does Workers Comp cases. If it is beyond 30 days of your injury you don't have to see their doctor and are free to switch to whom ever you wish and they have to pay for it until they can find a doctor, either an AME or PQME, that says otherwise. And don't stop seeing your doctor just because you get frusturated, it gives GB too much reason to stop your payments and try to close your claim. Watch out what you do in public! GB is known for filming employees doing things their doctor says they shouldn't and using it against you. Remember they are always watching either from a car across the street or the van next to you in the parking lot, so don't do anything ever that your doctor says you are unable to do. And getting a lawyer isn't a sure fire way to get things moving in your way. Most times injured workers can do just as good if not better by themselves with just a little knowledge of their rights and the process of the Workers' Comp system (why give a lawyer 15% of your money when your the one in pain?).

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

Just want to let inform you that the medications cost was recalculated. My total out of the pocket cost was a little under $1400. The total cost was more, but why is GB getting away with not paying. My HMO insurance cover the other cost. Shouldn't GB repay my HMO because it should of been covered??