Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Submitted: Mon, January 01, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 01, 2007

• Reported By:Jersey City New Jersey
HSBC Retail Services
P.O. Box 5244 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HSBC Retail Services Fradulent promotion sheme with Levitz furniture Carol Stream Illinois

I bought furniture from a Levitz store under a promotion scheme which was advertised to give me defered payment for one year. I was told by the Levitz representative to ignore any bills sent by HSBC for the next one year.
About two months later, i received a call from an HSBC collections agent to my surprise he said my minimum payment for $30 was past due and i was being charged a late fee of $10. I explained to him that i bought the furniture under a one year defered promotion plan, however, he said if i did not pay the minimum payment, they would report me to the credit bureau. He also said if i paid $666.51 over the phone, he would waive the late fee and the payment by phone fee and my account would become "regular".

After making the payment of $66.51, I was shocked when i was told by the representative's manager that neither the late fee nor the pay-by phone fee would be waived.
My entire experience with HSBC stinks - wrong billing, fradulent promotion scheme, false promises by representatives of the bank to extract payment by phone and no greviance addressal system.

I am really pissed but do not know what to do to nail their asses. Who can i reprot these guys to ? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Aj
Jersey City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2007 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/HSBC-Retail-Services-Fradulent-promotion-sheme-with-Levitz-furniture-Carol-Stream-Illinois-228148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services