pair

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 03, 2012

• Reported By:Antelope California
Les Schwab Tires
7880 Walerga Rd Antelope, California U.S.A.

Les Schwab Tires - willing to risk my life for a buck.... Antelope California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: company man

*UPDATE Employee: probably not installed correctly

My husband had just put new brakes pads on my kid's car. This is a simple repair. He had me take the car to the local Les Schwab to have the front end aligned. The car was on the rack for about an hour when I was told I needed a break pads. I argued with them that new pads were put on the day before I demand the car back and left. While driving home I could hear a grinding noise that I didn't have on the way over. My husband pulled the wheels to check the breaks and discovered the calipers had been tampered with.

We replaced the calipers at home. I complained to the manager who just rolled his eyes. After reading other ripoff reports about this company, this must be a regular tactic to bring in more money.

Ripped off in antelope
Antelope, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Tires/Antelope-California-95843/Les-Schwab-Tires-willing-to-risk-my-life-for-a-buck-Antelope-California-422879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Tires

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

company man

AUTHOR: Kevin - (United States of America)

Your response is based on speculation and you are protecting the company you work for. How do you know they couldn't make it in the company? How do you know the pads were put on incorrectly? A monkey could put on brake pads and a monkey could work for schwabs!

I'm sure they left the company because of inteligence, they saw the writing on the wall. Next time you respond please have something worthy to say instead of just sticking up for you shyster employer!

I will say my local Les Schwab is decent to do business with!

probably not installed correctly

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

Before you start pointing fingers, maybe you should make sure that your husband installed the brake pads correctly. During an alignment, the tires are never removed from the vehicle. So how would we go in and tamper with your brakes? We aren't out there to use scare tactics to get people to buy our products. Everyone wants to point fingers at the big companies when something goes wrong with their vehicles instead of looking at the actual last person to work on the vehicle. We don't mess with the brakes during alignments, so the problem had to start at home. Maybe you should turn the radio down when driving and you might hear these small problems before you place the blame. I am sure that this rebuttal will probably gain a lot of flack from these so called ex-employees that have nothing better to do then bash the company that they couldn't make it in, but oh well.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC