Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: gentlemind — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
OmniTech Support

OmniTech Support REVIEW: OmniTech Support executive team and employees are committed to customer satisfaction. Omni Tech Support’s goal is to be the leading online technical support company in regards to customer satisfaction, will go all lengths to achieve their goal. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE: Omni Tech Support pledges their commitment to always improving their operations by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. OmniTech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

OmniTech Support They raped me well. I was referred by Microsoft to these people!! So I got it twice! Internet

I got a phone call this afternoon from 212 512 2524 telling me they were from Microsoft and that over 87 computers in my area had been hacked. I knew that Microsoft is not equipped to call us all so I hung up and called my isp. Century link took the report and told me to call Microsoft which I did and Microsoft then referred me to these knuckleheads. They told me I had been hacked and needed to clean my computer. Then tried to sell me the $300 package, I said no, then the 169 dollar package I said no, Then came up with a $79.99 finally I just said yes. Well then after a few more minutes a supervisor came up with another $40.00 and I could have a six month. Ok. anything to get out the hacker out of my computer. I watched as they d/l 2 programs off of cnet and then ran those programs. One was ccin and the other was malaware. I could have used the program I already have for that! Watched them run and delete the program. I had a funweb that was from a birthday card I received via the email and he deleted it too soon for me to see the rest. Then they inform me that I needed to stay away from those sites but couldnt tell me what sites to stay away from! I want my money back! They way they talked my whole computer was in danger and it wasn't!! I am so angry! Your going to another website d/l free programs so that you can check my computer?? I THINK NOT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OmniTech-Support/internet/OmniTech-Support-They-raped-me-well-I-was-referred-by-Microsoft-to-these-people-So-I-948555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OmniTech Support

We would like to close this matter and hope Ms. Adrienne A. Young got her money credited on her account and we can consider this matter as closed.

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

I'm sure an apology isn't really something you're looking for but here it is. We apologize for any
inconvenience you might have faced during our services. We work for customers and we always look after the customers business with their purchased service from us. We refunded $40 that you paid to sign up for Half-Yearly Plan. $79.99 was deducted for the service you had received from OmniTech; to check your computer and fixing initial issue and it is fair charges for hours of work on your system.

We tried to communicate with you to conclude this issue but we reached your mail box that was full. We sent an email too.

account and we can consider this matter as closed.

Here is what happened in brief.

Ms. Adrienne A. Young called us and informed that she got a call from Microsoft saying, people around her had been hacked and she wants us to check her computer. Hence, our technician handled the chat and checked her computer after getting her permission. Our technician scanned the computer and the scan result showed some system errors and broken registry. Our technician conveyed the scan results to the customer.

As our system assurance plans are beneficial and most economical which includes Monthly Optimization sessions and Unlimited Technical support for any software issues; we offered our service plans to the customer but the customer denied. Later the customer agreed to pay $79.99 to make the system bug free and at peak performance level. As certain offers were announced that day, we again offered her half yearly plan at $119.99 and the customer agreed for it. Then the customer paid extra $40 and subscribed for Half Yearly service plan.

Below is the chat transcript where the customer agreed to pay us:

2:43 AM Tech 2: Alright, in that case; you can pay just for the current session and get this issue resolved right away.
2:43 AM Tech 2: The nominal charge to fix the current issue only is $79.99.
2:43 AM Tech 2: I will stay online with you until the issue is resolved completely no matter how long it takes.
2:43 AM Adrienne: ok
2:47 AM Tech 2: Thank you for the confirmation.
2:47 AM Tech 2: I would like to inform you that, if you have any issues with our service, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.
2:48 AM Tech 2: You can contact us through our Telephone Support, available at 1-800-966-9940 (8 am to 2 am Eastern Time.
2:48 AM Tech 2: I just received an update from my supervisor, he has agreed to provide you the 6 months plan for just $40 more.
2:49 AM Adrienne: ok
2:49 AM Tech 2: Please be online while I inform my billing department to charge you $40 more to avail the 6 months plan.
2:50 AM Adrienne: k
2:50 AM Tech 2: Thank you for the payment.

Next, our technician worked on the issue and removed those errors related to computer performance. The issue was resolved and the customer checked and confirmed that.

Below is the chat for the customers confirmation:

04:07 Tech 91: Let me inform you that your internet explorer security settings have not been restricted so this occurs and i have changed the settings and your internet usage is now safe an
secure.
04:08 Adrienne Young: yeah ok..
04:08 Tech 91: For updating our records, I would like you to kindly  confirm if the issue has been fixed by replying with a YES or NO.
04:08 Adrienne Young: you can release me now
04:09 Tech 91: Thank you for the confirmation.
04:10 Tech 91: May I go ahead and end the session now?
04:10 Adrienne Young: please
04:10 Tech 91: It was a pleasure assisting you today.
04:10 Tech 91: Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
04:10 Tech 91: Thank you for contacting OmniTech Support.
04:10 Tech 91: Have a great time ahead.
04:10 The customer ended the session.

Fake call issue has been bothering side effects for the consumers from long time and they are being
trapped into scams. This we felt after our online survey and from our hundreds of customers feedback. But in this instance, we informed the customer at initial conversation that Microsoft personnel do not call their customers but all the errors and issues are collected in the computer will be delivered to Microsoft via secure protocol to deal with these issues in future. We did not
tell the customer that her computer was hacked by hackers.

Below is the chat transcript for what we informed the customer:

2:20 AM Adrienne: I just got a phone call from someone claiming to be Microsoft telling me that 87 people in my  area had been hacked
2:20 AM Adrienne: He had my name and address, and phone number
2:21 AM Adrienne: I told him if it was Microsoft you all would have sent me an alert my email I had never gotten a phone call
2:22 AM Adrienne: He asked if I was sitting in front of my computer and I said that it sounded like a hack job to me so I hung up on him. His phone number is 212 512 2524
2:22 AM Tech 2: Thank you for sharing this information with us.
2:22 AM Tech 2: Errors and infection report collected in the computer will be delivered to Microsoft via secure protocol to deal with these issues in future.
2:22 AM Tech 2: However, Microsoft representatives do not call its customers. To fix these issues other methods are implemented. This is a fake call.
2:22 AM Tech 2: Even though this is a fake call, we cannot overrule the possibility of infections in the computer.

Moreover, Microsoft websites are not directing their customers to OmniTech Support and we are not part of Microsoft. The customer had a birthday E-card that contained a link of website and indeed that website was suspicious when we ran a diagnosis tool and it was listed under the scan result.
Therefore, we removed that website from the customers browser bookmark while removing the other infections. We suggested the customer to surf internet safely. One point among all to keep your computer safe is not to open any attachment or not to click any unknown link sent by unknown person. That is what we informed the customer. Unfortunately, the customer misunderstood us.

We tried to reach the customer numerous times to sort this matter out but there was no response from the customer. As she asked us to cancel the service plan, we refunded her $40 after deducting of $79.99 for the service rendered by OmniTech.

Below are the refund transaction details:

Transaction Approved.
------------------------------
Auth Code: 369281080
Ref #: 369271057

Later we sent mail informing the refund status with refund transaction details.

Please understand that every organization have few or more complaints that is bother some side effect but those few complaints do not reflect the view of the Company as a whole.