Complaint Review: Orbitz.com

• Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By:beverly hills California
Orbitz.com
www.orbitz.com Internet U.S.A.

Orbitz.com price change in 24 hours after booking- will NOT refund difference- so much for PRICE GUARANTEE Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Price Assurance

I usually book with (((coompetitor's name redacted))), but after seeing so many price guarantee commercials for Orbitz all over the tv ect, I went to their website and checked out the fine print and looked around. I ended up booking a 5 day vacation to florida for our family of 4, and thought I was all set- and happy with the results.

24 hours later I just decide to check out the results again on a new search for the same destination/flight ect.. turns out my exact flight/hotel room was now almost $200 cheaper. Customer service refuses to refund the difference because I booked my hotel/flight together??!!

In this economy I dont think it is wise to not provide the service they brag so much about and refuse to adjust a trip I booked 24 hours ago. Im sure (((coompetitor's name redacted))) or any other site would be glad to have my money- and thats where I will be going from now on.. Any place BUT orbitz.

truth
beverly hills, California

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbitzcom/internet/Orbitzcom-price-change-in-24-hours-after-booking-will-NOT-refund-difference-so-much-for-427154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbitz.com

Price Assurance

AUTHOR: Custrelsgal - (U.S.A.)

Hi.  I work for Orbitz Customer Relations and we would be interested in reviewing this matter with you.  If you could please provide your Orbitz Record Locator for this reservation, we will research and get in touch with you.

worship