Complaint Review: Petco

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Puyallup Washington
Petco
3717 Meridian St E Puyallup, Washington U.S.A.
  • Phone: 253-446-1501
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Petco Wrongful termination and bullying Puyallup Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Is that why you were fired?

I was bullied by Petco management, because I started working there and one of my peers had an automatic problem with me. I tried to talk to them about it and it only made it worse. They openly addmitted that they pushed and interrogated me in a meeting to see my reaction. I have worked years in retail management (at a company that is a lot tougher, and more reputable) and have never seen anyone act like this. When I asked them what I could do to make this guy leave me alone and they told me that I needed to step up to the peer, that he was an "alpha male" and didn't see me as an alpha so I "need to get in his face". Not good management practices guys. That just makes people hate you more. Proof that the "open door policy" at petco doesn't work. You can feel intimidated, and harassed, but that doesn't make a difference, if it's not what they want to hear your outta there. Then I was fired (over the phone).

I hope that guy gets caught threatening ("you tell and I'll get us both in trouble", nice management skills team lead), cheating the system ("no, we all call in and take the customer survey, we don't give them to CUSTOMERS" glad I didn't fall for that, not like it mattered), or dating his subordinate (really obvious, management says they're just "really close", OH, that's why she gets preferential treatment, I thought it was because they were together, silly me).

Erin
Puyallup, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petco/Puyallup-Washington-98373/Petco-Wrongful-termination-and-bullying-Puyallup-Washington-287144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petco

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Is that why you were fired?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Erin,
Those of us that worked there at the time were told that you quit because you were being accused of theft. You were purchasing product that had come off of clear. and you instructed the casier to give you the marked down price. The cashier then reported you to the in store managment team. So its interesting to finally hear the other side of the story....

printed