Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Denise — decatur Alabama
1801 Beltline Rd Decatur, Alabama United States of America

Sears Dyson JUNK/ Poor Warranty Decatur, Alabama

I purchased a Dyson vacuum (Animal D41) at Sears on Dec. &,2012.  Dyson has a good reputation but apparently the vacuum I bought is a "Lemon". Cracked in many places, parts broke off so it could not be used. I took it back to Sears on April 22, 2013 with my receipt and was told I could exchange it for another. The clerk began the process and then called a manager who told him I had to return it directly back to Dyson. This would be FREE of charge.

I called Dyson from the parking lot and was told no I had to take it to my local service center which was Sears. I was given a work order# 1322871381 to give to Sears. I went back into Sears and  explained to the manager my conversation with Dyson. She argued and said that was not true.I told her to call and confirm what I was saying. After about 10 minutes she said yeah we can repair it but it will take 3 weeks. I explained that i cannot live without a vacuum that long. She responded with " It's your choice". I left and called Dyson back and told them this is unacceptable. The phone clerk said she would check to see if they could wave the $75 shipping fee (even for warranty work) No such luck! Her supervisor said I could now drive it 40 miles to another service center.....REALLY??????

What kind of service is this for a $600 vacuum. I was told if I had purchased directly form Dyson I would not have to pay the $75 shipping fee........AGAIN, REAllY????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Decatur-Alabama-35601/Sears-Dyson-JUNK-Poor-Warranty-Decatur-Alabama-1045219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears