Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Sun, April 20, 2014

• Reported By: Lisa — massena New York
Sears
R 37 and O'Neil Rd St Lawrence Centre Massena, New York USA

Sears Sears Store Massena NY Sears refuses to stand behind the product they sell Massena New York

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

Thinking about purchasing a treadmill? Go anywhere but Sears and Nordic Track, neither company will stand behind their product. I purchased my New Nordic Track treadmill at Sears in Massena NY on 12/4/2013, after only 4 months, the electronic panel stopped working properly. Only speeds 5 and up work, the up and down controls, incline and fan do not work. Also, the stop button will not work, making it a bit dangerous if using speeds 5 and up.

On 3/13/14, I called both Nordic track and Sears. Nordic track assisted with trouble shooting without success. So they decided I needed a new console and would shp within 7- 10 business days. Then 2 weeks later they emailed me instructions on how to take apart the electronic panel and repair it myself since they no longer have any replacement panels in stock! Here it is 7 weeks later and still no part. I asked Sears for an exchange and was told no, that I would have to continue to wait for the part to arrive.

Even if the part does arrive, how long before it breaks down again?!

Sears should stand behind the product they sell, or force the manufacturer to fix known problems.  It is unethical for both companies to contiue to sell these expensive products to consumers.

A sales manager at my local Wal-mart told me if I purchased a treadmill from them, I can exchange within a year. For a fraction of the price I paid at Sears, looks like I should have gone to Wal-mart!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2014 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Massena-New-York-13662/Sears-Sears-Store-Massena-NY-Sears-refuses-to-stand-behind-the-product-they-sell-Massena-1140274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Hi Lisa,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us about the problems encountered with your treadmill, and the repair of the same.  We’d like to have a dedicated case manager speak with you, and assist you in having this matter resolved. At your convenience please contact our office at smadvisor@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with your contact #, screen name (Lisa), and the phone # used at time of purchase. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences faced, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.