containing

• Submitted: Wed, October 05, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, October 29, 2005

• Reported By:Colchester Connecticut
Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum
4540 Worth Street Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum Ripoff Over charged my bank by $411.00. They should have charged less than $100.00 Los Angeles California

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact your bank!

*Author of original report: Received Refund on October 24th from IGIA

On September 25, 2005, I order 1 Singer Lazer Vacuum. The TV add said I would receive another one at no charge. I would also receive a steamer at no charge.

The amount of the order should have been less than $100.00.

My bank is reporting to me that the company charged $511.67 to my account. The amount charged was over the limit I had in my bank, so my bank did not pay for it on September 29th At first. I called the bank to find out why they charged me an over draft fee of $28.00 when I had over $300.00 in my bank account. That's when they told me how much Singer was trying to charge me. The bank canceled my ATM card but it was too late on October 3, 2005, the charge went through. I called the bank and they said once Lazer received a confirmation number from my card it was unpreventable.

I called Lazer's customer service line and after being on hold for over an hour, I talked to Jeff. He told me that the order was put through for 4 vacuum cleaners and upgraded to a deluxe order. I did not order 4 vacuum cleaners or an upgrade. I canceled the order with Jeff, and he said he put the cancellation through, but the order may have already gone out. He gave me a Fedex tracking number of 477887010379 and a reference number of 7712753 which was bogus. He said I could check to find out if the order was shipped through Fedex. I called Fedex and they said the tracking number is invalid.

I tried calling the phone number (800) 716-8667, but no one picks up. I am worried I will not get my money back.

Diana
Colchester, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2005 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Singer-Lazer-Storm-Vacuum/Los-Angeles-California-90063/Singer-Lazer-Storm-Vacuum-Ripoff-Over-charged-my-bank-by-41100-They-should-have-charged-159599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Singer Lazer Storm Vacuum

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact your bank!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

Contact your bank. I did and they immediately refunded my money and did an investigation. I received confirmation from my bank that they did indeed find the charges to be FRUADULANT! I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau and Attorney Generals for both the state I live in and California. Do everything you can to recover your money. If it was on a Visa or MC account, they will try to back you up! Also, make sure to let the authorities hear you. Singer needs to be stopped. I ordered back in May 2005 and I continue to see people being ripped off and deceived by this company. I think they should be prosecuted or have a civil suit filed against them. I did get my money back, thanks to the fact that I used a Visa card. But, they continue to rip off innocent consumers who once had trust in the Singer name. Lets all band together and stop them! Good Luck to you all who read this and stay informed in the future. Use the BBB website to check out any companies you may want to purchase from in the future.

Received Refund on October 24th from IGIA

AUTHOR: Diana - (U.S.A.)

Don't back down from this company. With persistence you will get your money back.