Complaint Review: United Consumer Financial Services

• Submitted: Mon, April 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 13, 2009

• Reported By:MIAMI Florida
United Consumer Financial Services
865 Bassett Road, Nationwide U.S.A.

United Consumer Financial Services UCFS denied to assist with settlement after contract was modified Westlake Ohio

My husband and I thought that we were making a sound investment when we purchased the Kirby. The salesman showed us a contract for 1200 well after months of making payments of $83.00, I notified UCFS and was informed that the sales price of the Kirby was actually 1600 and that the total amount financed was $2000.00. When I called UCFS to request a copy of the contract, I was haggled and finally received a copy of the contract. When I called UCFS and complained about the contract, I was told that nothing can be done to assist me. In addition after I found out that my hours at work were going to be reduced and that my husband was filing for a divorce, I contacted UCFS to determine if I can settle on the account for less than what is owed.

When I called the first time, I was told that if I call back that they would settle with me on the account. After calling back for the second time, the story changed. I called back a third and fourth time to see if I can get a response and was told that I would have to wait to get a call back from the finance manger. When the finance manager called back she stated that there was nothing that could do to assist me; after I explained that I am barely making the payments and need the money to feed my 2 year old son. This company should have some compassion to work with people during this tough economy. I called again for the tenth or so time and was informed that the company does not issue settlements. Please do not do business with this company/

Barbaradee
MIAMI, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2009 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Consumer-Financial-Services/nationwide/United-Consumer-Financial-Services-UCFS-denied-to-assist-with-settlement-after-contract-wa-443142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Consumer Financial Services