Complaint Review: World Gym

• Submitted: Mon, December 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:norwalk Connecticut
World Gym
84 Wall St Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

World Gym , World Gym taking advatange of members Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: you have two choices basically

I enrolled World Gym over a year ago but when my contract was up I proceed to cancel my membership , I called them to ask them what to do but when I went to drop off the letter of cancellation, the guy at customer service , told me I was few weeks late and the contact already has renewed .which I did not understand , because he asked me my name and last name the first time I spoke with him and he told me I could just drop off the letter without any problems .

I was really upset me , I showed him my contract and explained him that in my contract did not say anything about renewing my membership automatically. He called the manager and he said the same thing as his employee so I told them I was gonna close my bank account and their response was We'll ruin your credit if you don't continue to pay. this made so mad I left slamming doors.

but after few months of that fiasco my bank called me and let me know that World Gym was charging my credit card more money than they were supposed to I try to fight it back but it when nowhere and I checked my statement this month and they did it again. I just don't know what to do PLEASE HELP!!! Let put these people where they belong in jail.

Erika
norwalk, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Gym/Norwalk-Connecticut-06851/World-Gym-World-Gym-taking-advatange-of-members-Norwalk-Connecticut-399359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Gym

#1 Consumer Suggestion

you have two choices basically

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

Is this on a credit card or linked to your bank acct? Basically get more forceful to where this is linked to. If they will not stop sending the charges through then you need to close it out. Then take them to small claims for the months they have gotten you for. However, before you do make sure you have READ the fine print to make sure it does not say it is a renewing account because many places have gone to this type of system(ie alarm companies)

You need to know exactly what your contract says before you act of it because believe me a judge will be reading the fine print.

softly