Complaint Review: XM Radio

• Phone: 800-967-2346
  • Web:
  • Category: Producers

XM Radio Can't get a refund West Palm Beach Florida Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good advice.

XM radio activated a new customer (complete stranger) on my account which I've had since 2005. My billing is automatic to my credit card and when I noticed the increase I called.

It took several attempts to have them remove the incorrect radio...even though they had acknowledged that it was a different person in another state. After charging me for this persons radio for 4 months, they removed the incorrect radio.

They Charged me a $100 deactivation fee. I have been trying to get this refunded since February 2009, it's now mid May and although I have been promised the refund and have several confirmation #'s they have yet to refund my money from their mistake.

I would seriously consider not doing automatic payments, because if they make a mistake...you will pay for it and there customer service is the worst I have ever seen.

steve
palm beach gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/XM-Radio/internet/XM-Radio-Cant-get-a-refund-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-Internet-453642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on XM Radio

Good advice.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

Automatic billing is more trouble than it's worth. You are at the mercy of the vendor if they get something wrong. The idea of handing over my credit card or bank information and giving someone permission to access as they see fit just doesn't pass my "trust test". If a company makes a mistake and bills you too much, you're likely to be at the mercy of some barely intelligible drone in India to fix the problem. No thanks.