Complaint Review: cheaptickets.com

• Reported By: mspissedoff — fort Carson Colorado United States of America
cheaptickets.com

cheaptickets.com Orbitz They screwed us out of more than $1800, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Relations

My husband is on R&R from Afghanistan. We picked to go on vacation with our 4 kidsfor a week while he was here . We booked air and hotel and left the day after he got hate driving two hours to the airport and stayed in a hotel( that i booked straight through the hotel) because our flight wS leaving at 5am the next morning. Right before we were about to go to bed i checked my email and had an email from them saying our vacation package was canceled due to no room on the plane.

Ok so i checked my bank account and there was still a charge from them. Mind you, this was about 6 hours before we were supposed to board the plane!!! So i called them to find out what exactly was going on. they said that after i paid they found out there was no room on the plane for us and we could just book another package leaving on a different flight. Ok so you can take the money i have already paid you and use it for another reservation??? NO you will be refunded that in 5 days and you have to pay for a whole new package!!!!

Grrrr so i went ahead and just booked another package over the phone it took almost 3 hours to do so... I called the airline myself to confirm reservation and it was set. Then i called the hotel to confirm but they found no info about our reservation. Our hhotel had to personally call cheaptickets and find out why our reservation didn't show up. It was all because cheaptickets never sent the info to the hotel. In the end we got to go on vacation BUT I still have not received our REFUND for the first reservation!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cheapticketscom/internet/cheapticketscom-Orbitz-They-screwed-us-out-of-more-than-1800-Internet-841809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cheaptickets.com

Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Cheaptickets - (USA)

Hi,

My name is Shalon, and I am part of the CheapTickets Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.
Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,