Complaint Review: enterprise

enterprise
776 N Terminal Dr Salt Lake City, Utah USA

enterprise Charged for full damage coverage, not wanted. Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Refund by Enterprise

I booked a rental car for my trip to Park City, Utah with Hotwire.com. At the time of the reservation there was an option for additional coverage which I took.

When I arrived at the airport and spoke to the representative he agreed with the amount Hotwire had given me. I signed the contract and then was taken to the garage where the cars were.

It was very dark in the garage, and during the walk to the car, the representative asked if I had signed up for the extra coverage. I told him no, that I had taken coverage at the time of the reservation. He said Ok, that's fine, just sign here and initial in these three places. So I did.

When I got home and looked at the charge on my credit card, it was $231.04 more than I had originally signed for.

I feel this is a scam, because there was no mention of added coverage at the desk. It was only in the dark garage while dragging my luggage and trying to listen to the guy fast talking about the car, the prepaid gas, and then the added coverage.

Enterpise was cut and dry with me on the phone. "you signed for the coverage" case closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/enterprise/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84122/enterprise-Charged-for-full-damage-coverage-not-wanted-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-1142649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on enterprise

Refund by Enterprise

AUTHOR: Swell18 - ()

After repeated phone calls, and reviewing the contract line by line, I was able to show that the additional coverage I was charged for was unfair and totally wrong.

They will be refunding the extra charges to my credit card. Satisfied with the outcome but will be wary to use Enterprise again in the future.