Complaint Review: les schwab tire center

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, January 14, 2005

• Reported By:redding ca
les schwab tire center
so market st redding, California U.S.A.

LES SCHWAB THE BIG FISH IN THE LITTLE POND

*Consumer Comment: Les Schwab charges way too much!!

*Consumer Comment: I will always go to Les Schwab, I have never had better service!

*Consumer Comment: a "good" customer?

*Consumer Comment: One Word... Resposibility

*Consumer Comment: Beyond The Call

*Consumer Comment: You are wrong

Hi my name is Jeff Gunari, just a everyday man just like you. I visited the les schawb tire center at so market st in Redding Ca. today to get four tires taken from one car to another. Normally a inexpensive job. I have done business with les schwab tire centers before and was satsfied. Today the price for my job was $132 I asked why so expensive? and was told..Its all labor.. What that means I dont know? I asked to talk to the manager and was informed that he was the manager. I went right across the street to Discount Tires and asked the price to do my job and the man told me $60.. So thats where the job was completed. I dont have time to complain on the internet but I went to the schwab website because I felt offended by the attempted RIPOFF!!! And they dont even have anyone you can contact. You check it out maybe Im wrong www.lesschawb.com . All I can say is they lost a good customer today and if you deal with les schwab..BUYER BEWARE thanks

Jeff Gunari
Redding California

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Les Schwab Tire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/les-schwab-tire-center/redding-California-96001/LES-SCHWAB-THE-BIG-FISH-IN-THE-LITTLE-POND-15834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on les schwab tire center

Les Schwab charges way too much!!

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

I thought this company was just grand, until I sent my 18 year old son to buy 1, 14 inch snow tire, and they charged him 61.34 for it, plus another 9.75 to mount it, plus 3.25 for a valve stem, and 11.25 for stud. I'm sorry, but over 85 dollars for one tire is ridiculous. I'm really happy to hear that the employees are well paid, it makes me feel so much better when they are picking my pockets!! As for paying for safety, I don't see any evidence that proves overcharging gives you a safer, or better job!!

I will always go to Les Schwab, I have never had better service!

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

I take my car in every year to have my regular tires taken off, then my snow tires mounted on the same rims then put back on my car. I always pay about $40.00. I think maybe there might be more to the story, his charges for just that seem excessive.

I will always go to Les Schwab, I have never had better service!

a "good" customer?

AUTHOR: jeff - (U.S.A.)

I just read poor Jeff's account of the "rip-off" he thinks he experienced when he elected not to have his used tires dissmounted, remounted, and installed on another vehicle.

Dear Jeff- do you have any idea what is costs to pay the overhead on a buidling, hoist, tire machine, balancer, wages, uniforms, benefits, insurance, advertising, power, etc.

Tire shops SELL tires. Since very few-if any, consumers have the tools or ability to install their own tires, tire shops charge a very nominal fee to install them for you. When you visit a shop to have tires transfered to another vehicle, there is no profit for the store. What sounds like a simple procedure is actually very tme consuming. hoisting or jacking up two vehicles, dis-mounting 8 wheels, re mounting 8 wheels, and balancing 8 wheels can easily take an hour and a halfs worth of time if one "hustles" I was a tire monkey for 3 years before evolving to a car dealership service manager. These days, in your area, the labor rate at an automotive shop averages $75.00 per hour, at 1-1/2 hours, that's roughly $112.50, not to mention the wheel weights,
and shop supplies.
Wake up and smell the coffee!

One Word... Resposibility

AUTHOR: E - ()

If people want to avoid situations like this, why don't they try asking what services cost BEFORE they ask for them to be done.

Come on people.

Now that you went to another tire store I hope you don't intend to have all your servicing done for free at Les Schwab. If you want to eat their cake...don't expect a fork or napkin...etc. Les Schwab may have lost your business, but you lost a lot more.

Good luck with the other guys.

Beyond The Call

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

Last January, my Class A RV got stuck in the mud at my duck club in Gridley, Ca. In the process of getting it out of the mud, the left rear inside tire inflator was broken off.

When it was time to go home, I was leary of driving the 34' RV anywhere. I managed to limp into the Les Schwab dealer in Gridley.

After a brief wait (20 min) one of the employees had my RV in the air the tires off and had discovered the problem.

He promptly replaced the broken valve stem, which involved breaking down the offending tire, remounted the tire after checking balance and then checked the air pressure in all of the tires.

This entire process cost me $18.50 for the valve stem. That was it!!!!!!!!!!! Les Schwab has a customer for life. I've already replaced the Firestone tires on my truck and my wife's Toyota is next. Thanks, Les!

You are wrong

AUTHOR: P.J. - ()

I checked out the Les Schwab site and there is a place for customer letters and opinion. I dont think you were being ripped off however. I have a nephew who has worked for both companies. Presently at Les Schwab. He is paid very handsomely for his hard work. I assume this why the higher prices. I know I would rather have a guy being paid 16 dollars an hour mounting and balancing my tires than a guy being paid 9 dollars. You tell me which one takes more pride in working on my second biggest investment. After the attacks of 9/11, Remember what the issue of security was all about? those guys were being paid close to minimum wage. Did they do a good job? Now there is legislation on how much airport security is to be paid. And, respectively, Air travel is going to be more expensive.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC