Complaint Review: AFLAC

PO Box. 427 Columbia, SC 29202
    Columbia, South Carolina
    USA

AFLAC will not pay what they owe me Columbia South Carolina

I became ill prior to 10/1/2013 my next day of work was 10/1/2013.  I have had many tests and sought numerous specialists in order to find out what my health problem is. I have sent paperwork after paperwork a requested from each physician/specialist to Aflac.

In 3 months and 8 days I have received 1 check for $433.00.  Everytime they request paperwork, I complete and forward paperwork.  Their response is always 7-14 days for claims (as it states on all of their email replies) but, since November I have received nothing as of this date they owe me in excess of $2,000 but I have still not heard anything from them.

I called today and a rep stated that they received my paperwork on Dec. 27th and it would be 30 days before it would be reviewed.  They have no problem taking my money every two weeks from my check but they do not deliver their product whatsoever.

They give you this big story before you sign up that you will have no worries that you are covered no matter what.  I pay for all of the coverages that they offer so they cannot say for some reason that it is not covered, they just drag their feet and do not pay.

All you see on television is these blown up ads making all of these unended promises.  If they cut out half of the media coverages and made good on their promises I don't feel they would have the complaints that they do.

I have bills to pay like everyone else and after depleting my savings it has come down to either I pay my electric bill or my car payment but, they do not care.  I feel this company has been a definite waste of my money.

I could have saved the money I paid in premiums and would have came out ahead. I will never recommend this company to anyone. I have learned my lesson the hard way!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aflac/columbia-south-carolina-29202/aflac-will-not-pay-what-they-owe-me-columbia-south-carolina-1114189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content