Complaint Review: Allstate Motor Club

• Reported By: rick — Raleigh North Carolina
  • Allstate Motor Club

Nationwide
    USA

Allstate Motor Club Credit card payment system is outrageous nationwide Nationwide

Do not use Allstate Motor Club.  They way they deliberately continue automatic billing is outrageous, and reveals a company that probably has shady pracices in other areas as well.

To pay your bill on the Allstate Motor Club web site, you enter your credit card number as you would on many sites.  Your credit card number is retained by them for future billing, and many siites do this too.  The problem and outrage comes when you want to remove your credit card from their site. There is NO way to do that on line. I tried to have it removed via an email message to, and when that failed by callling, customer service; althugh I ws told my crad was removed, it was not.  Eventually, I got a person on the phone who helped, and when I asked why there was no way to do this on line, he revealed that many customers have complained about that..  When I told him that Allstate used my account AFTER I emailed and called telling them I did not want automatic renewal (explicityly saying do not use my card), he apologetically said that he gets complaints about that too.  It took two tries and over a month to get them to correct the misuse of my card.

In short, avoid this company.  They are aware of the problem, yet maintain a system designed to keep your credit card number and bill you against your instructions.  They make it very hard to remove your credit card number from their system or get improper use of yoour card corrected.  Presumably they assume that many people will give up and just keep their membership.  Is it against federal or state law to keep and use a person's credit card number contrary to the customer's iinrstreuctions? Probably. As a pract8ical matter, what can you do? I strongly reocmmend simply avoidning this company in the first place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allstate-motor-club/nationwide/allstate-motor-club-credit-card-payment-system-is-outrageous-nationwide-nationwide-1126955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content