Complaint Review: Answers By

610 Gateway Drive No.
    Internet
    United States of America

Answers By eMachines & Gateway Rip Off Repair Company, Internet

I contacted e-Machines in order to repair my 3 year old computer.   They asked for the SNID #.  Once I provided it, their automated voice informed me that my computer is out of warrantee and they referred me to "Answers by" phone #.  I called the 800 837 # where I was asked if I had another computer other than the one that needed repair.  I answered "no". They told me service to repair my computer would be $99,99.

They asked for my credit card # and connected me to a technician.   He was able to get into my computer and again asked me if I had another computer.   I told him I was already asked that question and "I don't.  He asked if I could go to a library or ask a friend to borrow their computer, I said to both questions.   I promptly ask him to have my credit card reimbursed for the amount charged.

He said he was not authorized to do that and  his supervisor was not available.   I asked to be contacted by his supervisor.    Several days later, and after I had my computer repaired locally, I called Answers By and was passed to their Returns Department.   I had to retell the story.  Was asked to hold on.   Only to be told again - it was not this departments responsiblity.

That evening I received a voicemail from someone at Answers By stating after reviewing my information they unfortunately have to decline my request for a refund.  I called them again and was once again stalled and passed on to a different department.   These people did not perform the repair because (according to them) a repair could not be made without the assistance of another computer.  Any suggestions?

I cannot reach Gateway or e-Machines other than the automated lines which is not set up to resolve this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/answers-by/internet/answers-by-emachines-gateway-rip-off-repair-company-internet-897665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content