Complaint Review: Avis Car Rental

• Reported By: Bella — Salida Colorado United States of America
  • Avis Car Rental

Nationwide
    United States of America

Avis Car Rental Avis Car Rental-You better watch your tank!! Nationwide, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*General Comment: You Really Don't Get It!

If you are traveling and need to rent a car, especially if you are renting from Avis, you better watch your gas tank.

When I picked up my rental car at Knoxville Airport, the gas tank showed "full".  In driving from there to Bristol Tenn, I saw that the car used 1/2 tank of gas.  When I returned to the airport, I filled the gas tank before leaving Bristol to Knoxville and the car used only 1/4 tank gas.  So the tank, while looking full when I picked it up, was in fact 1/4 tank low.  Is this their policy to rip off customers??  One quarter tank per car must add up to quite a profit.

I have noticed this in the past and let it slide as I am sure many people do.  But I accuse them of cheating their customers.  Not only shame on them and not only will I NEVER use Avis again, I will spread this just as far and as long as I can!!  Between Avis and  Priceline, I have never been ripped off so badly on a trip.

I do highly recommend, when renting a car, go directly to a gas station and see if you too have been cheated.  Oh, and save the receipt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2012 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avis-car-rental/nationwide/avis-car-rental-avis-car-rental-you-better-watch-your-tank-nationwide-nationwide-895909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Wow

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Team Rebutt has now gone international, Go Team Rebutt Go

#2 General Comment

You Really Don't Get It!

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Blaming AVIS, I get that, Large Corporation, OK blame them, you can't hurt them.

Accusing them of fraud, Bad idea, especially since every one on the planet other than you puts in just enough gas so it will read full when they turn back in a rental car.

So I am willing to bet AVIS has about a 50% chance of successfully prosecuting you for slander or Liable (I can never remember what these internet posts count as)