Complaint Review: Buy.com

• Reported By: Syracuse New York
  • Buy.com
    Freemont, California

Buy.com Nightware shopping experience Freemont California

In January of 2007, I purchased two Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks from buy.com. Upon arrival, features that were advertised, and why the machines were purchased, weren't included in what I received. After receiving the RMA, and following the return instructions to the letter, only ONE of the machines was credited back to me. I was unable to contact anyone at buy.com via email or their phone system, which left me on an endless loop of piano music for over 45 minutes with no pickup. I immediately reported to my credit card company, who started an investigation. They were unable to help me, as buy.com told them that only one machine was returned, which was incorrect. Months of dispute followed.

To make a long story short, after countless phone calls, letters, and faxes, finally, with help from the New York State Attorney General's office it has finally been resolved, and my accounted credited - ONE YEAR AND FOUR MONTHS later!

I will NEVER EVER again do business with this CORRUPT, INEPT, SCAMMING, and downright THIEVING company, and will advise others to do the same. This is the worst experience shopping with any company that I've ever had.

Avoid this company at all costs, they are a NIGHTMARE.

Angryatbuydotcom
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2008 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/buycom/freemont-california-94538/buycom-nightware-shopping-experience-freemont-california-332666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content