Complaint Review: FCNB - Spiegel

• FCNB - Spiegel
    PO BOX 9204
    Old Bethpag, New York

FCNB - Spiegel ripoff Old Bethpag New York

I have been dealing with this situation for years now and thought that it had been resolved until the other day. I went into a finance company to apply for a simple loan. The loan was approve, but I was informed that I had a deliquent account showing for spiegel/fcnb. The representative informed me that she had to give me a check for 307.00 to pay off this account along with the amount I wish to borrow.

I was shocked. I informed her that I did not owe them any monies. She stated that as long as it showed up on my credit report the she would have to issue me the check.

I contacted Spiegel who informed me that the no longer dealt with the credit card I was calling about and gave me another number.

I contacted someone at the number who was rude and very disrepectful. I informed him that years ago I had called Spiegel to get a pay off amount. I was quoted the amount of 210.00 which I sent in. I did not hear from anyone about spiegel until years later when I received a phone call from someone informing me that spiegel had filed for bankruptcy and that the showed that I owed them 307.00.

I went on to explain to him that I had written and requested explanation of these charges, and was disputing same. I also was contacted by a collection agent and told him the same. I receive no response from spiegel and was never contacted again about this matter by anyone else.

The only response I got from this guy was "aren't you tired of dealing with this, why don't you just pay the money and be done with this"?

This person was totally unprofessional and could not tell me anything about why the felt I owed this money. As with many others I am being charged for something I do not owe. Fcnb is a rip off and I bet there a people who just pay as this guy suggested I do. I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline
Browns Mills, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2005 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fcnb-spiegel/old-bethpag-new-york-11804/fcnb-spiegel-ripoff-old-bethpag-new-york-162375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content