Complaint Review: First House Financial

755 Baywood Dr. Second Floor
    Petaluma, California
    United States of America

First House Financial A huge scam!!! Petaluma, California

*UPDATE Employee: Issue Resolved!

First House Financial is a huge scam and waste of time. I was searching craigslist for homes for sale and came across one that I liked. The add required that I sign up with FHF to view the home and receive more detailed information on it. They made grand promises of me receiving lists of foreclosed homes and how easy their service would be. Little did I know this was all a big fat lie.

I signed up with them online to use their services for 3 months for a whopping 96 dollars. When you log onto the site there is absolutely nothing. They tell you to go to a completely different site (which is completely free btw) to find a house you would be interested in. Then to print out some form to fill out, mail it in, and wait 2 weeks before getting a response. Once I reached this point I was frustrated that the service I had shelled out almost 100 bucks on wasn't really a service at all and called to either get more assistance or cancel. They hung up on me 3 times, each time almost immediately after I had mentioned that I had already paid them.

After all of this I decided to create a fraud claim with my bank in the hopes of getting my money back. I waited a month before my bank got back to me on the claim. It was canceled because I had accepted their terms and conditions and therefor I wasn't going to be getting any money back. It was a hard blow and after all was said and done I thought my experience with FHF was over...

Guess again. 3 months later they are trying to charge me AGAIN! Another 30 dollars taken out of my bank account. I was finally able to get ahold of a customer service rep and say that I wanted my money back. I let the 96 dollars go but I definitely wanted my 30. He said that they would send me an email with some information I need to fill out in order to receive a refund and the money would be back in my bank account in 1 to 5 business days. I accepted this thinking it would be a quick online submission.

They sent me a basic email with no detailed information and a PDF attachment that I need to print, fill out, and fax or mail to them. On top of this, they didn't include any information on where this needs to be sent to. No fax number, no address. Just a PDF file.

I am going to my bank to cancel my card and get a new one so this doesn't happen anymore. This was one of the worst decisions I ever made and I hope that others won't have to go through this. This "company" needs to be held accountable for their mistreatment of home buyers. It is disgusting how they take advantage of people like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-house-financial/petaluma-california-94954/first-house-financial-a-huge-scam-petaluma-california-1044568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Issue Resolved!

AUTHOR: Pattie D - ()

Thank you for your input!