Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Phone: 800-987-5521
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Premier Bank Cancellation First Premier Bank Sioux Falls South Dakota

I recieved in the mail two letters to apply for preapproved credit cards one of which of was First Premier Bank member of FDIC. in the beginning I was very skepticle in the first place because your Fica score is hit every time a company looks into your credit history. In wanting to re-establish my credit historyI opened up the envelope looked through it and then went online to apply. I did recieve a confirmation online or in the mail for some time so I assumed I wasdn't going to get the card.

On April 21, 2008 I recieved two letters in the mail, It was First Premier Bank with the credit card and the credit protection plan. This is what I got!
Congratulations!
0. Credit card affixed to paper.
1. Account number
2. Expires: 4/10
3. Credit Limit: $250.00
4. Initial Fees: $179.00
5. Available Credit: $71.00
6. First Payment: $25.00

On April 16, 2008 I recieved this Bank Statement.

Account Activity

04/08 04/08 Account Setup Fee *Finance Charge* $29.00
04/09 04/09 Monthly Servicing Fee $Fin CHG $7.00
04/10 04/10 Annual Fee 05/08 through 04/09 $48.00
04/10 04/10 Premier Credit card Protection $1.59

I did this to share with the public to see first hand what they are getting. Today is Saturday April 19, 2008 and I called First Premier Bank right away to cancel this account. I called 1-800-987-5521 and while I had them on the phone. I was online @ the Ripoffreport.com website and I didn't like what I was seeing including the bank statement they had sent me.

They tried to keep me as a customer but I did not budge, I refused so they told me to cut up the credit card. Instead I am going to make copies@ Kinko's to retain for myself and send everything back to them in a brown business envelope.

First do not use the card @ all.If you do not like what you see you must call them before 30 days to cancel the account. However it would be advisable to do this within the first week of recieving the card. This will keep you clear of any fees.

First Premier Bank canceled my account and they said I have a zero balance oweing them nothing case closed.

James
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2008 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-premier-bank/sioux-falls-south-dakota-57117-5519/first-premier-bank-cancellation-first-premier-bank-sioux-falls-south-dakota-327240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content