Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Reported By: Consumer Awareness — Orland Hills Illinois
  • FreedomPop

Los Angeles, California
    United States of America

FreedomPop Multiple Billings, Non-Responsive Customer Support Los Angeles, California

*Author of original report: Update...

This Company will start the 30-day timer on your first monthly internet service plan "before" you receive your internet equipment, resulting in full payment of service that could not be fully utilized.

This Company has on two occasions been non-responsive to my inquiries, which were filed on their web-based contact form.  Note that this Company does not have a telephone number, further isolating the customer when a problem arises.

After 6-weeks of service, this Company charged my credit card for 4-months of service.  Attempts to rectify have failed, as their Customer Support has been non-responsive a week after the inquiry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freedompop/los-angeles-california-/freedompop-multiple-billings-non-responsive-customer-support-los-angeles-california-1045741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update...

AUTHOR: Consumer Awareness - ()

As I was about to call my credit card to initiate a formal dispute for 4-months of plan billing during 6-weeks of usage, I found FreedomPop's telephone number.  It is 888-743-8107 for those looking for this elusive number.

After calling the number and waiting for Customer Support for 10-minutes, I was directly to their voice message system.  Again, their Customer Support has serious shortcomings in terms of responding, including the inability to speak to someone to rectify billing concerns.

I then contacted my credit card company and it was determined that FreedomPop made two credit adjustments to my card.

All said, I am satisified.  However, I would have expected for them to e-mail me with their resolution rather than remain silient.  Doing so caused me to send them another inquiry this morning on their website in addition to my leaving a voice mail.