Complaint Review: JustFab

• Reported By: Acey — Joppa Maryland
  • JustFab

Internet
    USA

JustFab JustFab.com, Just Fabulous Monthly Unauthorized Recurring Charges Internet

Stupidly decided to purchase from this company under the notion that they were cheap. 35.99 for two pairs of shoes seemed like a great deal at the time.  Unbeknownst to me, I would be charged 35.99 every month for not buying shoes. What? That doesn't make any sense. I realized the "error" on the company's part when I looked into my bank account and saw that I'd been overdrawn (I didn't have enough money in my account at the time of the charge), and had suffered some significant fees as a resault.

I looked into it further and discovered that JustFab apparently charges you each month if you "forget" to go onto the website and opt out of buying shoes that month. All for being a "VIP" member (you become VIP automatically just for buying from the company, and you can't remove the status unless you close your account.) I spoke to an online representative about this dilemma, as I had not opted to become a "VIP member", who told me that in order to receive a refund on my card and close the account, I needed to call the 1-800 number. I did that, a little frustrated that I received no help from the woman online, and they proceeded to tell me that they'd give me a credit of 35.99 to use on shoes, to which I replied that if I wanted shoes I would have bought them. Who has 40 bucks a month to spend on shoes? Who needs shoes once a month?

I finally convinced the woman to refund me the amount I was charged (though I don't think my bank will reimburse me for the fees I was charged as a result of being overdrawn), but only if I "gave the program a chance" (AKA I wait to close out my account until next month, and if I forget to do so they'll charge me again.) (I also have to call the 1-800 number to close the account, because the people online won't do it and you don't have the option of doing it yourself.)

I won't be purchasing from this company in the future if they're idea of good business is to charge you for not purchasing shoes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/justfab/internet/justfab-justfabcom-just-fabulous-monthly-unauthorized-recurring-charges-internet-1137733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content