Report: #142028

Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit

  • Submitted: Mon, May 09, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 09, 2005
  • Reported By: Henderson Texas
  • My Perfect Credit
    1805 N. Carson Street, #419
    Carson City, Nevada

My Perfect Credit, Clear Credit ripoff, fraudulent, theives, dishonest, liars, cheats, stole money from my account Carson City Nevada *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: yes, go to your bank and dispute these charges!

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I attempted to obtain a report to clean up my credit and was surprised with the information that this company was able to afford to me. The fine print said that if I cancelled my membership within 30 days, that I would NOT be charge anything. I cancelled within 1 hour....1 HOUR!!!!

Less than 30 days later, my account was hit for $30.00, which cause 3 small payments to bill collectors to go bounce and cause $120 in Over-Draft charges.
I live on a fixed income and have a disabled child at home. That money was part of my rent money. I have been trying to dispute the charges for a month now. I am disgusted with the company.

Half the time no one answers the phone and it just keeps on ringing. I finally got a customer service representative to answer and she "took down my complaint" and emailed it to the proper autorities within the company. I demanded a prompt refund of all of my money, including the $120 in OD charges. According to the Better Business Bureau, if they falsely charge my account and cause OD charges, they are to pay the charges and the money they took out.

I have not heard from them in any way shape or form, nor have I seen one red cent of my money. I still have not been able to pay my rent. I owe my landlord $400 and expect to be evicted by the end of this month.
I live penny to penny and have nothing in excess.

I just want my money back and be done with these people. I believe them to be fraudulent and dishonest.
I would love to have feedback and possibly someone to represent me if I have a worthwhile case to sue these people. Please help me and my son.


Henderson, Texas

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off & Author of

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Suggestion

yes, go to your bank and dispute these charges!

AUTHOR: Jami - (U.S.A.)

If you go to your bank and dispute these charges your bank has to do so. The bank will then investigate to make sure that you did not authorize these transactions. The bank, the same as all of us is unable to contact my perfect credit, therefore they will cover any expenses that you did not authorize. I had a lot of trouble with this company. I sent many emails to the company letting them know that I intended to do whatever was necessary to have my money refunded. Surprisingly, after several calls and emails my perfect credit did refund my account which was in turn given back to the bank for the costs they covered in my dispute.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.