Report: #220851

• Reported By: Grants Pass Oregon
  • OnRebate.com
    120 East Palmetto Park Rd
    Boca Raton, Florida

OnRebate.com Rebate scam by Tiger Direct, Waited five months for my money! These people need to be stopped. Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

I purchased a monitor from Tiger Direct on 4-28-2006, because of multiple rebates promised: $60, $40, and $30. I was directed to OnRebate.com to claim my rebates, and I followed the instructions to the letter. The process was needlessly complicated, obviously intended to discourage people from filing their claim. And they offer to "fast track" your rebate if you let them keep some of your money! But that's another story. I got lots of e-mails stating that my claim was accepted, and after more than a month, I received the $60 check.

After over FOUR MONTHS I called OnRebate to ask where the rest of my money was. I was directed into an automated answering system, which could not find my records, did not understand my commands, and and left me furious. After several calls, I finally got put on hold for a real person, who never answered.

Then I tried e-mailing them and included a comprehensive description of my claim including the offer codes and tracking numbers and ALL my contact info. I received a reply (computer generated) that asked me for the same information I just gave them! I sent the same info almost a dozen times, and kept getting the same stupid replies. I even demanded to be contacted by a person. It was obvious that my e-mails were not being read by an actual person.

I finally filed a report with the southeast florida Better Business Bureau, and after a total of SIX MONTHS of waiting and over twenty hours of fighting, I got my checks. Then -get this- they sent me ANOTHER $40 check after I cashed the one I was supposed to get! The customer service offered by OnRebate is the worst I have ever encountered. At the very least, this company is completely incompetent, but I believe this is a willfull scam intended to result in unclaimed money for them to keep. I will never do business with either OnRebate or Tiger Direct again, and I am eager to join any pending lawsuits to compensate me for weeks of work and frustration. "There outta be a law..." has never been more true.

Dennis
Grants Pass, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2006 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/onrebatecom/boca-raton-florida-33432/onrebatecom-rebate-scam-by-tiger-direct-waited-five-months-for-my-money-these-people-ne-220851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,