Complaint Review: Prism Pointe

4605 Coates Drive
    Fairburn, Georgia
    United States of America

Prism Pointe - Prism Pointe Technologies Unjust firing Fairburn, Georgia

I was working for this company. I would travel at times 3hours in one direction for a call. I was the only W2 technician for pittsburgh, pa. I would work anywhere from mid pennsylvania, to Ohio, and West Virginia. I have even went to New York for them Install. By the time I would get home it was already after hours. I had to complete my paperwork on my own time... due to the fact that they would not approve overtime unless it is for a macy's call... and very rarely for Dollar general calls. They have me traveling 3 hours in one direction to a call, then the call would take anywhere from 2 hours to 3 1/2 hours and then to travel back home.

There was a install in Monroeville, PA I ran on December 5th. Just on december 27th, called me in the Am, wondering what was going on with my day. None of the parts were onsite, so i did my paperwork, and took parts back.  Then at around 6pm tonight... my boss calls me again and asked if i was working on anything, And i informed him that i was working on paperwork today, and getting my mileage report done.  He then notified me I was fired.  He stated the reason was they are a zero tolerance company about alcohol and that It was stated that I went onsite on the December 5th install smelling of alcohol.  HE also claimed they were investigating it since it was reported to them.  I was unaware of any of this issues.  He would not even let me tell him what it could have been.  I am a diabetic and I find it hard (even with medication to keep my sugar under control). My wife tells me all the time that I smell like acetone (or a fruity kinda of polish remover) This smell could be mistaken for alcohol I am told by my pharmicist... He did not even want to hear anything.  He automatically assumed I was guilty of drinking. I have not drank any alcoholic drinks in years. I take two pills and the diabetes itself make it dangerous for me to do so.  I have had an alcohol and drug test in the beginning of the job.   I worked my butt off for this company, and I get thrown out like garbage.

I called the bosses of my boss (which I am not sure I should have done now ), He said it wasnt just the supposed alcohol incident... there were other issues as well.. it just was the 'icing on the cake' .

I talked to my boss often and i would ask him many times if I was doing okay, and he told me that If there was a problem he would notify me.  Well Then why is this a first time i am hearing about these 'other issues'.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 12:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/prism-pointe/fairburn-georgia-30213/prism-pointe-prism-pointe-technologies-unjust-firing-fairburn-georgia-814671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content