Complaint Review: Providian

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Providian Emerge Bank ripoff victim needs help Internet Worldwide

HELP!!! I'm going to lose my house; I can't believe I found this website!! .....

My story is EXACTLY the same as everyone else's. My husband is recovering from cancer... and I called Providian and BEGGED them to help lower the interest rate on this credit card that I have had for 6 years.

The answer was no...... can I skip one months payment? NO.... can you help me in ANY way?? NO

Everyone is complaining, but is there ANYTHING that can be done about this? A loan shark would charge better interest rates!

When I first opened the credit card I deposited $500 in the savings account. After 6 years I had built up savings. I called them and asked them if I could have my money. They said:

I could have the money, but my credit line would decrease by how much I took out of the bank...and I would have to pay it down BEFORE they would give me the withdrawal, and I could only take out the amount above the original $500!!

Even though, after 6 years, I have proven myself credit worthy...like everyone else I was NEVER late with a payment...NEVER....

Well, I closed the credit card account and was RUDELY informed that I could go ahead and close it but I would STILL be paying INTEREST...they just seem to LOVE that word interest.

The interest charges are KILLING me, as is the stress this bank is causing me.

After I closed my account, I went to the website to check balances and do you know what they did?????

THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT AND APPLIED IT TO THE BALANCE ON MY CREDIT CARD!!!

Is there anyone who can help me???? I could send them $200 for the rest of my life and not get this paid off.....

is this legal?? I KNOW it's not ethical, I know it's not moral...but is it legal?????

Janet
Lindenhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/providian/internet/providian-emerge-bank-ripoff-victim-needs-help-internet-worldwide-62721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content