Complaint Review: Synapse Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, November 11, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011
  • Reported By: BLK — Richmond Virginia United States of America
  • Synapse Group, Inc.
    225 High Ridge Road, East Building
    Stamford, Connecticut
    United States of America

Synapse Group, Inc. David Lynch, Antonio Romano Company is actively forwarding complaints from customers to my personal toll-free number. Stamford, Connecticut

Since about November 2010, I have been receiving calls from people wanting to cancel a magazine subscription they never ordered. The first few times you wonder. But the calls continue even now. I have contacted BBB who has hundreds of complaints but somehow manages to give this company an A rating. I asked - they couldn't explain it, but you and I can bot suspect it relates to BBB being paid.

I contacted the New Jersey Attorney General's Office. They were quite familiar with Synapse Group and had field a number of complaints. But they can't seem capable of actually investigating or taking action.

I contacted my phone company, the FCC, FTC, American Express (whose card customers are being scammed) and until seeing the larger report here, it made no sense that this operation could continue unfettered. Well now I see - it's Time-Life.

Every call, without exception, is to cancel a subscription never ordered and they are calling me, at my expense. The company offered no compensation whatsoever. Lynch says they looked at their call routing system and find no way calls could be coming to me, but they are and you can be sure its intentional because repeated complaints do nothing. This is clearly what they want to be happening so customers are delayed or diverted from having false billing removed from their American Express bills.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/synapse-group-inc/stamford-connecticut-06905/synapse-group-inc-david-lynch-antonio-romano-company-is-actively-forwarding-complaints-797081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content