Complaint Review: TracFone

• TracFone
    9700 NW 112th Ave
    Medley, Florida
    USA

I am or was a Safe Link customer. on September 1st 2017 I called Safe Link to find out why I hadn't received my minutes for 3 months.

What I was told was that I had a second lifeline service. This is incorrect. What happened was several months ago, November 2016, I started having problems with the battery in my Safe Link phone, which I wasn't able to correct.

I told Safe Link this and they sent me a refurbished TracFone phone, not a replacement Safe link phone. I agreed to have them deduct $11.05 from my checking account for the minimum of 30 minutes.

This was a paying phone, no government free minutes. Whatever the problem with the battery in the Safe Link phone was, whatever was causing the peoblem, went away and I had no more problems.

Now I had 2 phones. Because I don't use the phones much I had no need for the TracFone phone, and let the service lapse. This was on August 10th 2017.

When I called TracFone, I was told a completely different story. I was told because I failed to recertify on time that was the reason I lost my Safe Link service.

I was never notified, as is their policy that it was time to recertify. Since the fault was Not Mine, but that of TracFone (Safe Link) they should rectify their mistake.

I was told I will have to wait until May 2nd 2018 before I can reapply. When I asked them why, they wouldn't tell me. I was charged $11.05 from November 2016 up to and including August 10th 2017.

I kept getting promotional offers to buy minutes from TracFone. I would without fail get yearly notification reminders of my upcoming recertification. They would send me notices. Until this year.

The only reason I can come up with for them not doing it this time was that they were deliberately choosing not to, knowing i would fail to recertify, which is what they want. They don't want to give me the free government minutes, when there is money to be made; and to put the blame on me when it was them all along.

They knew I didn't have 2 lifeline services. They deliberately failed to notify me that it was time to recertify. I believe because then I would be forced to continue to use TracFone, and wouldn't have to continue with the government program to which I was entitled. That is unethical.

They put me in this situation because of their greed. I complained to the NYS attorney general, but it was like talking to the wall. The complaint form they promised to send me was never sent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2017 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/medley-florida-33178/tracfone-safelink-they-caused-me-to-lose-my-phone-service-medley-florida-1400996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Unbelievable

AUTHOR: - ()

Tracfone is still at it, they're still playing games. i couldn't believe it when I received a text message enticing me to buy more minutes on the TracFone phone, which I requested be deactivated.

Obviously they ignored this.They are unbelievable, the nerve. After everything that's occurred they just don't stop. What is it going to take?

Deceitful

AUTHOR: - ()

To update this: Whatever service and minutes I had, Safe Link cut me off without warning, purposely. They are wiseguys. How do I even know that they're on the level about May 2nd 2018, and that they won't pull something else, and find some lame excuse to deny me service? They're vidictive.

As long as I was allowing them to deduct money from my account they were happy, Sure they were having a high old time at my expense.

The only way to counteract them is to make what they do public and accountable, which is something no one is doing.

They are unscrupulous frauds, greedy opportunists. NEVER, NEVER trust them! They were playing games. They tell you to call an 800 number to reactivate the phone, only you end up getting the run around and lose minutes.

You don't play games with someones life just to be funny. They have no conscience, no ethics, no integrity. They don't care what they have to do or how they go about it, or who gets hurt.

TracFone retaliated in the most self-serving way possible, simply because I made a legitimate complaint against them for cheating me.

If this is how they operate, it's no wonder they have a lousy reputation.

TracFone SafeLink They Caused Me To Lose My Phone Service Medley Florida

AUTHOR: TF01 - (USA)

Hi contessa,

I am working with SafeLink Wireless. I read your post on this blog. I am really sorry to hear about the trouble you have gone through. Please allow us to further invistegate your enrollment records. For further assistance, do not hesitate to click on this link bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent. Thank you.

Edzel