Complaint Review: VitalChek

• Reported By: anonymous California — California United States of America
  • VitalChek

Internet
    United States of America

VitalChek They bill you first, then give you more requirements! And charge a $6 fee. www.vitalchek.com, Internet

I filled their online form to request a certified marriage certificate. It was for a family member, so I selected in their dropdown menu that I was a sibling. The form then requested my credit card information. After I paid, the form continues to give me yet another form that I needed to print, sign, have notarized and then faxed to them.

Why didn't they explain all these requirements BEFORE billing me? If I had to DRIVE to get a document notarized, I would NOT have needed their online service.

Immediately I requested a refund. They cancelled my order but did not refund some silly $6 processing fee, which is non-refundable according to them. I felt ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vitalchek/internet/vitalchek-they-bill-you-first-then-give-you-more-requirements-and-charge-a-6-fee-www-996362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content