Complaint Review: Woman Within

• Reported By: RiverGirl — North Carolina United States of America
  • Woman Within

Internet
    United States of America

Woman Within Uses coupon offers to bait, then switches to "out of stock" without notice , Internet

Woman Within regularly offers coupons with various incentives to order, such as free shipping, delayed payment, and extra free items to be added to order.

I placed an order and used a coupon that was supposed to give me free shipping plus a free parka.  The order form online showed that the parka was included in the order at no charge.  However, when my order arrived the parka was not included and the invoice simply stated that it was "cancelled."  I contacted company and they had little response, and when I said that if they were going to bait customers like that and then cancel the offer without notice, that I wanted to be removed from their mailing lists.  They removed me (I think, we'll see if that actually happened) without any attempt to correct their error.  I placed that order, and paid the prices for the items that I ordered, based on the promise of getting the free parka.

I think this is a sneaky way to trick customers into ordering with them, and then they do nothing to make it right.  That makes it appear to be an intential bait and switch - except there is no switch, just nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/woman-within/internet/woman-within-uses-coupon-offers-to-bait-then-switches-to-out-of-stock-without-notice-983407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content