Complaint Review: Zero Plus Dialing

7411 John Smith Drive
    San Antonio, Texas

Zero Plus Dialing ripoff San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: How to avoid ZPDI

I stayed at a comfort inn hotel in nashville, tennessee. I made a collect call to my wife cause I don't have roaming for my cell number. On the hotel telephone theres no indication that I would be billed at such a high rate. If I'd knew that I would have took my chances with my cell phone instead. ZPDI charged me $44.50 for a 14 minute call. I assumed I would be billed thru my local phone company since I pay for long distance service. Seems to me that there should be a law against a company charging at such a high rate without even telling you by way of the telephone you are using or when they make contact to the person you calling collect.

Fabian
calumet city, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2006 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/zero-plus-dialing/san-antonio-texas/zero-plus-dialing-ripoff-san-antonio-texas-179314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to avoid ZPDI

AUTHOR: Alma - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately not only hotels, but even hospitals, nursing homes (!!!) etc. use this same scumbag company. And I do agree these are outrageous charges.

To prevent similar situation, buy a pre-paid phone card for travel. (You can get one as cheap as 4-5c/minute.)You can buy those everywhere, or you can search the net for the best ones. Look for ones without added "service/maintenance charges".

You simply have to call a 800 numbers, then enter the pin number on the card.

The hotel phone will handle this as a 800 number. In most of the hotels 800 numbers are free or $1-2 max - regardless of the lenght of your conversation. Ask about it when you check in.

If you want to avoid even that $1-2 charge, simply find a PUBLIC phone in the hotel. Public phones NEVER charges for 800 numbers. Call your loved one with that calling card, and ask them to call you back in your room. Incoming calls are free.

Something more: you can share the pin number of your calling card with anybody, so for example your family members can share one card.

We have a big family, traveling a lot, without every paying anything for hotel phone bills.