What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: Action Tire Service - Maspeth NY

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Paul — Westbury NY United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Action Tire Service 58-74 Grand Ave Maspeth, NY United States

Action Tire Service Action Tire Service & Truck Repair Dash lights out kept blowing the 15amp fuse, Trailer Brake in-op, Replaced roof lights, turn signal indicator lights, air bag suspension fault, broken center console cover. Maspeth NY

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I brought my 2003 H2 Hummer to Mike at Action Tire Service because he also owned one and said he can fix any issues on it. Symptoms: my Dash lights out kept blowing the 15amp fuse, Trailer Brake in-op, and my 19 year old burnt out roof lights, turn signal indicator lights, and air bag suspension fault and a broken center console cover. Mike said if I liked the lights on his truck he would order and install them on mine.

Mike recommended replacing the rear airbags with the springs he put on his H2. My battery is dying if I don't drive every week. Mike said it could be the air suspension shorting out so removing the air suspension should fix any issue. A month later, I picked up the truck and while I was backing it out of the shop the dash lights were on then went out again. Mike was not there at that time. I left the truck to have the dash lights fixed.

This time I came to pick it up it was parked across the street in there collision repair parking. The first thing I noticed when I opened the drivers door the driver-side front door panel was broken and falling off. Mike said he would replace it and will call me when its in. Two months later after I had called twice asking about the panel he said its in. This time I showed Mike pictures of the water puddle on the dash and a video with water dripping from the ceiling center console into the cup holders after he installed the new roof lights. I also showed him the roof light on the front left side at parkway speed comes out and is flopping around on the roof by the wires.

He said he would put a new set up lights and seal them. I cam to pick it up again and found that Mike replaced the door panel with a used damaged panel with visible cracks in it. He claimed my original panel was also damaged. I am one of those car guys that if its making a noise or anything is not working I have to fix it. No drips or unusual sounds at all on my 19 year old truck. Last week I had an offer from someone very credible who has seen my truck frequently offer me $40,000.00 cash for it. So you draw your own conclusion about the likely hood of me having the broken interior door panel when I dropped of the truck to be fixed.

This time when I picked it up the tech said he replaced a wire on the trailer hitch brake light that was causing the dash light to blow. Mike recommended I replace the Optima battery. So I replaced it with a brand new Optima battery that same day. I drove the truck home and as it got darker my lights came on including the dash lights. I was glad to see that the dash lights were working. After a minute I noticed there was smoke coming up the inside of the windshield directly in front of me. Immediately I pulled to the shoulder of the Parkway and shut off the truck.

Using my phone light I looked at the fuse that usually blows when the dash lights go out and it wasn't a 15-amp fuse that the factory called for but a 30-amp fuse so I pulled it out. I restarted the truck, no more smoke so I drove home and once again I still have no dash lights. By the way the new battery died overnight. After several attempts to repair these items unsuccessfully, I now have even more problems. I still had no dash lights, and the now roof lights leak even more from multiple locations in the front and rear. The new leaks correspond with the locations that Action Tire Service replaced the roof lights. I went to another shop who documented with pictures the following issues to be fixed. Several wires in Dash burned do to twice the factory rated fuse being installed.

Shorts found in new roof light wiring touching metal. Air suspension wire harness unplugged shorted with water collecting in it. Replace sections of melted wires in dash harness. Rewire and seal all roof lights. Seal Air Suspension plug left loose by Action Tire Service. They found a loose ground caused Dash & brake lights issues. All dash and brake lights are working without smoke coming from the dash! Not like what I had from Action Tire Service. Action Tire Service installed a 30amp fuse, because the factory 15amp fuse kept blowing?????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2021 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/action-tire-service/maspeth-ny-amp-truck-repair-1513342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content