X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Aggelos Capital Ltd and Law Offices of Phillips and Allen - McHenry Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: NotVeryHappy — Los Angeles CA United States
  • Aggelos Capital Ltd and Law Offices of Phillips and Allen 25254 Garrett Highway Suite 4 McHenry, Maryland United States

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Our company engaged Mr. Kurt Van Duyn, a South African National, to construct a corporate investment bond in the UK. He initially had good references from a US bond registrar, and 2 associates, so we felt he was reliable.

His stated fee was $150,000, which we paid $50,000 wire transfer, and $100,000 on credit cards, so there would be a paper trail.

Mr. Van Duyn, has a registered business office in the UK, Aggelos Capital at Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, England, GU31 4AD, but was initially unable to take credit card payments and so directed us to make the payments directly to Mr. Phillips’ law office office, through his website, as he did take credit card payments.

In total, 19 payments were made to Mr. Phillips starting July 19th, to August 19th, 2019, the total being, $63,338. During this time, I emailed Mr. Phillips 3 times, and called and left a message at his office twice, as I wanted to be sure that everything was correct. He never got back to me, and in fact only got back to me January 7th, 2020, via email, when I sent him an email saying I was going to complain to the State Bar, and other authorities.

Mr. Philips stated in that email that Mr. Van Duyn was his client, and he had been instructed not to speak to me by his client. (Mr. Van Duyn is a former Public Prosecutor from South Africa, and now is in financial services) and that he, Mr. Phillips, had no idea what I was talking about and that as far as he knew, the payments were for due diligence on a mineral project. Mr. Phillips is a personal injury lawyer and this story makes no sense. If we were paying him for due diligence, we would have been his client.

In Oct 2019, after we had tried numerous times to try and find out what was going on, Mr. Van Duyn informed us that our project was not going forward.

We had been told from the start that the bond was pre-sold to Mr. Van Duyn and his investors. As this went along, and nothing ever materialized, the story kept changing, and became a story about a billion dollar deal they were getting paid from, which would then be used to fund the bond, which is NOT pre-sold meaning funds were available as soon as the legal structure of the bond was finished.

This was all done AFTER we had paid him, and we believe our money was used for a “trading program” that was a scam. We asked to see due diligence on the “investor” but were ignored, until finally informed that the project was dead in October 2019. Mr. Van Duyn agree on the 5th of December, to refund the amount in full on January 6th, then nothing happened.

We do know that Mr. Phillips was working in consort with Mr. Van Duyn, and his refusal to reply until being informed of actions against him, is suspicious. I was told by Mr. Van Duyn, that Mr. Phillips did take a fee, for his participation, and wired the rest to Mr. Van Duyn offshore. I don’t see how a US personal injury lawyer has any jurisdiction over being able to deal with our registered bond in the UK. I also don’t know the extent of business the two of them had/have, as they would not reveal this information. Mr. Phillips took $63,338 of our money, for something he claims he knows nothing about, and wired it offshore to a fraudulent enterprise.

A complaint has been filed with the State Bar of Maryland against Mr. Phillips, and as well a complaint has been filed against Mr. Van Duyn with the FCA in the UK, as he violated several items with his fraudulent practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2020 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/aggelos-capital-law-offices/mchenry-maryl-kurt-van-duyn-f-1490733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

6Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Kurt has had my money for 2 1/2 years!!

AUTHOR: UpKurt - (United Kingdom)

POSTED: Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Hello to both

'Victim' in London.......Kurt has had my money for 2 1/2 years!! Would be very keen to connect with you. I am also in London, just outside. He is a scammer and conman......but sadly I obviously fell for it at the start.

'NotveryHappy' I have spoken and connected with the person in comment #1 Tom 'I can help you' (initials of real name VW), and I have asked for your number so we can talk about Kurt. But he gave me the wrong number.......very keen to talk with you asap.

POSTED: Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Just a headsup, I have sent an email to the guy in the first comment, but didn't get a reply. As you are not interested to take a joined action I will try to do something on my own.

Van Duyn

POSTED: Friday, March 27, 2020

My apologies, there is apparently 2 other victims, and I was a bit confused.

To the one that asked for my number, I informed our mutual contact to please give it to you, and to the one with the dummy email, I just sent you a message.

Much better if a group goes after him, and I have some things pending against him, so by all means, please both contact me.

POSTED: Thursday, March 26, 2020

you mean the person who offered help in the very first comment? No I haven't spoken to him, but can get in contact with him as well

Response

POSTED: Thursday, March 26, 2020

It's my understanding that you spoke to the other poster on this thread, who offered to help me. I may seem a bit hesitant, but my suggestion is, that as you have already spoken to him, and he also has my contact info, ask him for it. I gave him permission to give it to you.

I'm a bit suspicious because of your response "Not sure about a mutual aquantaince". Sorry for being over cautious, but these 2 guys, Van Duyn and Phillips are snakes, and liars.

Please contact the gentleman you spoke to from this thread, and he will give you the info.

POSTED: Thursday, March 26, 2020

As you haven't contacted me yet, I guess you have no interest on taking a joint action

contact details

POSTED: Saturday, March 21, 2020

Not sure about a mutual aquantaince, I have created a dummy email for this purpose, you can write me on this one and we can share details.

dummyaggelos@outlook.com

To ALSO NEED HELP

POSTED: Friday, March 20, 2020

No they both lied again. I ended up signing their release form, and did all they requested, and now they said they still won't pay it back.

I understand you spoke to a mutual acquaintence. Please ask him to give you my contact details, maybe we can help each other!

Also need help

POSTED: Thursday, March 19, 2020

I'm also waiting on money from Mr. van Duyn and he is overdue since almost 2 years now. Have you heard back from him since 20th of February?

Aggelos Capital and Mr. Arnold Phillips, ESQ

AUTHOR: NotVery Happy - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, February 20, 2020

We are pleased to report that as of Tues, Feb, 18th, Mr. Van Duyn of Aggelos Capital Ltd, and The Law Office of Arnold F. Phillips, have agree to settle this matter, and pay back the $150,000 in full. We do apprecite their prompt attention, to this matter, and will post back here once the settlement has been received.

Additional info to this email

POSTED: Friday, January 24, 2020

Unfortunately, the photos did not come through on this message, and neither did the graphic with Mr. Van Duyn's signature, both of which were in the body of the email. They have been attached in this message.

Again, I will supply the original email to law enforcement and media if requested.

An Email From Aggelos/Mr. Van Duyn

POSTED: Friday, January 24, 2020

Now NOTHING says SCAM to me more than talking about hundreds of billions of dollars, linking to an article to back your story (419 scam) and quoting religious sayings in a business deal...of course this was AFTER Mr. Van Duyn and Mr. Phillips had our payments. While I have deleated my name and email, I am more than willing to send along the original email to sources that want to see this.

This email was in response to my query to had we had any feedback from the "investor group" which Mr. Van Duyn was supposedly part of. Another negative, he talks about white genocide, on the part of the South African Govt., not good.

Subject:  Status From:  projects@aggeloscapital.com Date:  Wed, Nov 06, 2019 4:40 am To:  "m"

Hi M,

We have received neither as yet.

However, please bear in mind this is a very substantial funding structure being implemented on various levels. HSBC Hong Kong is overseeing the overall disbursements and releases to various countries and beneficiaries, and the US Treasury and US Fed New York is working in tandem to get the funds released. We are merely 1 of 65 beneficiaries and recipients of the funds, and thus there is a huge admin process behind the scenes to ensure it all goes right and according to agreements.

The transaction is structured to trigger releases first in ZAR, (first our principals, then the SA Government receives a healthy loan only after this release to the principals), and then a day or two later, our GBP funds to Barclays UK will be cleared and released. I am not at liberty yet to disclose all the details, other than to confirm that the process is underway, and the public signs of the release is slowing emerging into the MSM.

Our main funding principal is part and parcel of the investors (more of a Lender in fact) providing the SA Government with no less than R 3 trillion in funding. (£150 billion plus). This has been concluded and executed a few months ago already, yet the public is only now being fed the news of an impending “R3 trillion” investment into the country. This article thus confirms that we are over the target, and imminent release of the ZAR is expected. Politics of course colour reality in a very different light according to their narrative they are pushing…..

This is in todays news:

South Africa, with its current political and economical landscape would not qualify for this type of funding from anywhere other that a backroom deal with private investors, as the credit ratings of SA are steadily declining and there is an active white farmer and white race genocide happening as we speak.

Aggelos will receive a very substantial slice of funding, and as a result, we will be pivoting through a Swiss FINMA registered firm we have already executed acquisition agreements with, to manage the wealth globally shortly after the capital hits. Thus, there is a much wider and deeper picture we are implementing globally. Our projects will all be funded in full, and the balance of capital wealth managed out of Geneva, where we are setting up the wealth management office. We are also setting up a presence in the USA, so envisage US, London and Geneva.

Thus, the short version update is that we are in the fire, battling the release, which could be a “suddenly”. All the releases have been approved on all levels, and now due implementation only of agreements and procedures.

This a very extraordinary situation, more like a miracle that is unfolding, and in line with Ezekiel 47. “Aggelos” is Greek for Messenger… like the messenger in Ezekiel 47, and thus that is what we do…. We measure a blessing and do this via the various projects we get involved in.

We are pushing thus for this to finalise as much as anyone or any party else, as we have indeed much work waiting.

I will keep you updated.

I can help you

AUTHOR: tom - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 22, 2020

please send me your contact info I know I can help you get your monies returned ! Johnnycollect@yahoo.com

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair